Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    No problems at all running it here. Maybe another app is causing a conflict. I'm on Cingular orange locked running 1.28 firmware.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Turn off your hacks and try again. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It's not PI unless you're not running 1.9.46.
    I think 1.9.2 crashes on the 650, but 1.9.46 seems to run fine on my Sprint/cdma 1.12fw Treo. My results were 5512 tics - 55 secs. Use the download links above since PalmGear (and perhaps others) still have 1.9.2.
    I crash evertime I try to exit PI. I have Cingular and 1.9.46. 377 states reset was caused by unknown application. Very frustrating!
    I know what you mean. 1.9.46 consistently crashed for me up until a couple of days ago. Somehow it magically works now and I have no idea what changed.
    I get the same reset screen as scandalex on my Verizon 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Turn off your hacks and try again. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit.
    I dont have any hacks.

And I just downloaded this on the 13th from the link provided in your first post, which was version 1.9.2; so when did 1.9.46 become available?

It's not PI unless you're not running 1.9.46.
    My next question is how can you say its not PI when the pic I posted clearly shows that it is? Maybe I am not understanding what you're saying here; but it reads to me as though if I'm not running 1.9.46 than it cant be PI; but if I running a different version, can it not be that either? If you're confused by this, so am I.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    scandelex, OK if you don't have hacks, what programs do you have installed? Anything we've mentioned in this thread as a CPU hog? What do you score in the speed test or does it crash before you can run it?
    111 in i second. What the hell does that or anything else on this program mean. I'm slow
  10. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Same, 111 in 1 second. I think thats what it should be if you're not running anything that hogs resources. Got rid of keycaps and DBCT since I could see the degradation in performance in the built-in pic viewer.

Strange that PXA clocker doesnt affect the speed.
    1.9.2 is the latest release
    1.9.46 is a beta. This beta tries to resolve all notification subscribers, but it requires all database scanning. Such scan overflows NVFS cache and cause mystic effects. such effects are 100% repeatable and can't be explained as PalmInternals bugs ;-).

I don't want to fight against NVFS and next release just make this total check optional.

To check pure speed make safe reset (hold up arrow on reset) an run PI.

Also search 1src.com for PalmInternals discussions, there were explanations what PI measures, why overclockers doesn't affect results etc.
    So, I got mine down from 8100/81sec to 331/3sec but I still have something under hede called "PACE". Anyone have any idea what that is? It doesn't show up as an installed program, so I am assuming it is a by product of something else. Anyone know what?

Thanks,
    Dave
    With version 1.9.2

Under hede, I have keyboard (-127) and volumecare
    Under hvch, I have phone and volumecare
    and hpps...I dont even see that header anywhere.
    Speed Test: time in tics 3340, time in secs 34
    Ntf Tst crashes before test is complete

Now all of this is pretty much greek to me. You've said that anything running under hede is a cpu hog....I can do without VolumeCare since its for wired headsets anyway and I use BT, but keyboard? I dont get it. How can that be?

EDIT

With version 1.9.46

Under hede, I have volumecare
    Under hvch, I have phone and volumecare
    and still dont see hpps
    Speed Test: time in tics 5666, time in secs 57
    Ntf Tst gives me the blinking snowflake notification but wont let me access it. Even from the phone screen, the thing is still blinking and eventually causes a reset.

Ran it a 2nd time after removing VC and performing a reset

Under hede, I have keyboard (-127)
    Under hvch, I have phone
    and still dont see hpps
    Speed Test: time in tics 2501, time in secs 25
    Ntf Tst gives me the blinking snowflake notification but wont let me access it. Even from the phone screen, the thing is still blinking and eventually causes a reset....resetting as I type.

One more time (this makes #3) after yet another reset

Under hede, I have keyboard (-127)
    Under hvch, I have phone
    and still dont see hpps
    Speed Test: time in tics 111, time in secs 2
    Ntf Tst - I'm passing on it this time
    Last edited by scandalex; 07/16/2005 at 01:20 PM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 45wheelgun
    So, I got mine down from 8100/81sec to 331/3sec but I still have something under hede called "PACE". Anyone have any idea what that is? It doesn't show up as an installed program, so I am assuming it is a by product of something else. Anyone know what?

Thanks,
    Dave

PACE is a Motorola 68k processor emulator. It's a system library, you can ignore it. Never seen PACE entries. Can you show complete record?
    Few words about speed test. Speed test measures time of processing 10000 system events like keyboard press, screen stroke etc.

PIM programs spend 99% of time in idle, waiting for user input, so there are no differences how may time palmos spent into hede handlers.

Few programs, like arcade games produce enough events and speed test results became significant.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    scandelex, you don't have to go without VolumeCare. The newer versions don't use hede any more. Version 3.06 just came out today:

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...download&cid=6
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    Few words about speed test. Speed test measures time of processing 10000 system events like keyboard press, screen stroke etc.

PIM programs spend 99% of time in idle, waiting for user input, so there are no differences how may time palmos spent into hede handlers.

Few programs, like arcade games produce enough events and speed test results became significant.
    You've made an awesome program igor. Thanks!
    I still keep getting a soft reset with this app. If I launch the app the progress bar gets almost to the end and then a reset. This is consistent with the radio on or off.

I also tried to launch after a warm reset and that crashes immediately.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I still keep getting a soft reset with this app. If I launch the app the progress bar gets almost to the end and then a reset. This is consistent with the radio on or off.

I also tried to launch after a warm reset and that crashes immediately.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks all!
    Are you running 1.9.2 or 1.9.46? 1.9.46 will crash certain machines.

do you have a link to the previous version?

thanks!!
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast