Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    I have been very stable with apps that have been modified thru this thread. Palmsource may be right but there is no instability with these modified apps. Palm better release Garnet 5.5 soon after cleaning up, stabilizing and properly documenting their OS for developers.
    I dont know when it started, but th updated keycaps no longer gets backedup when i hotsync. why is that
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    You can manually enable it to backup using filez or resco explorer. For filez , select keycaps then press details, attributes. Check backup then tap on save. Next time you hotsync, keycaps will be backed up as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    You can manually enable it to backup using filez or resco explorer. For filez , select keycaps then press details, attributes. Check backup then tap on save. Next time you hotsync, keycaps will be backed up as usual.
    Thankyou
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/palminternals_1_10_2.prc
    * Notification list filters: (RAM/ROM, sublaunch/procedure). Run "Full notif." from menu
    * Heap info
    * Locked record DB list
    * Protected DB list
    As requested, here's the patched binary of TreoAllegro 0.2 (replacing hede with hvch). I can't make any guarantees whatsoever; all I can say is that on my VZW Treo 600, it has worked identically to the original version for the past week. The only difference is the speed increase on the other apps. I also put a note in the "About" screen to distinguish it from the original.

I have no idea what it would do on a 650.

Make sure your files are backed up (although if you're in this thread, I probably don't have to say that). I use BackupMan, and it has saved me on numerous occasions

cheers.

phil
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/palminternals_1_10_2.prc
    * Notification list filters: (RAM/ROM, sublaunch/procedure). Run "Full notif." from menu
    * Heap info
    * Locked record DB list
    * Protected DB list
    It no longer crashes my Treo 600 - used to crash on initial scan.
    I also removed MSMount.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I need some help from you guys. First let me start saying that my Treo is running slow lately. I have run Full notif. from PalmInternals and I get the following:

Notification Information:
    count 199 of 200
    ---dbs---Database deleted
    *62 'Address Book' m68k 644E9D10
    Dyn pri-32

The hede part I understand (FieldPlus Notify only enable), but I don't get what that is? Is this normal?

My speed is:
    Tics 3684, secs 37

Also, I still see keycaps and butler showing under hede.

Thanks,

Al
    I see Butler and Keycaps600 (the latest doomsey version) in hede

---hede---
    .106 'Butler' m68k 731263B8 DBCache
    .107 'Keycaps600' m68k 732A05C0 DBCache

What's all this about DBCache? Is this referring to the popular application "DBCache"? I didn't even install that om my Treo !!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I think 'DBCache' means that the pointer points to a memory location in the space allocated to the NVFS cache. Which is true in both cases, although the actual allocation for KeyCaps isn't managed by the NVFS and (hopefully) shouldn't be affected by its vagaries...
    New field location was added for procedure notifications. There are four locations: ROM (for ROM apps), Dynamic heap (for applications who copies notification handlers into main heap), DBCache (it's a heap where NVFS works) and Unknown.

NVFS cache logic can throw resources from cache, but (Ben says :-)) locked resources remains in cache and aren't handled by NVFS itself.
    I have the lastest version (mod) of KeyCaps and whenever I disable it and uncheck all options I get a soft reset.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I have the lastest version (mod) of KeyCaps and whenever I disable it and uncheck all options I get a soft reset.

Al
    Are you running 0.9b7? I made a stupid mistake in 0.9b7 that caused this to happen. I think I fixed it in 0.9b8.
    I was using 0.9b7.

Thanks,

Al
    I am still getting a PACE entry under hede. Did anyone ever figure out what this is? I did a soft reset and it still shows up in the Palm Internals notif list.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    WARNING:
    Stay away from QuickSpell. It is a bad hede app. It was consuming 30 seconds from my Treo.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    WARNING:
    Stay away from QuickSpell. It is a bad hede app. It was consuming 30 seconds from my Treo.

Al
    Just use TextPlus instead.
    I have found that ClipPro adds 10 seconds to the Treo. Has anybody contact the developer about the ClipPro hede? It seems really bad for just one app.

Al
    10 secs is ok. I have textplus, clippro, butler, keycaps, scrolljump and fieldplus with a speedtest of only 23 secs. Consider it a hog when it adds 15 to 20. I use an app that add a lot more but still use it anyway. I just worked around the limitation and the developer helped me with it too.
    OH, I have contacted Gavin of Pocketscience regarding a commadbar bug with clippro and blazer. He still hasnt fixed it yet. Even bugs reported prior to mine hasnt been addressed.