Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Blazer's somewhat slow, and I suspect if you're seeing scrolling slow down in Blazer only, it's because Blazer is getting behind processing the scroll events. 50 pages worth of HTML rendering a second is a lot to ask of the Treo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "inhibits continued cursor movement between letters." Can you explain that better?
    When I try to move the cursor from left to right in a text field, normally I just hold the dpad and the cursor moves one space at a time. Now, it just stops after the first movement even if the dpad is still depressed.

With regards to the field plus notifier, why do you instruct not to lock it?
    1. yes, I found it. It happens after a double tap. Workaround is to press and release an alphabetic key. I'll get a fix out within a few days.

2. You can lock my applications if you want, it's just pointless. They copy the event handler into a construct called Feature Memory, which is not managed by the NVFS cache algorithm. If you did lock them into memory, the only time that the locked copy would be used is when you start them from the Launcher. Since keyshades and the fieldplus notifier *can't* be started from the launcher, locking them is even more pointless.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Keycaps scrolling at times lose scrolling capability in Blazer. It also inhibits continued cursor movement between letters.
    Does KeyCaps have scrolling now? I thought it was to replace shift and option keys.
    Jan, the developer of Resco Locker has found out that YAHM automatically locks active hacks. However this feature is not available in Igor's 2.5.1 build. Igor has confirmed that the lock feature of YAHM been around since OS4.

Thanks for the info doomsey regarding your apps and locking.
    I think I have a fix for the double-tap repeat bug. it can be downloaded from http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm as usual.
    doomsey,

It works! I have also set my repeat rate to 33 and 300 as setting it at 50 crashes Blazer when moving between links rapidly.

Update: There are times that the option 1 setting (200) does not work in Blazer. Seems like Blazer is a problem app with keycaps
    Last edited by MFB; 08/04/2005 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I've attached the hack PRC that's on my device, which is definitely configurable.
    First of all thanks for the changes you made for Keycaps and FieldPlus. This combo is great in my Treo650.

How do I use your Suppress Keyclick and sound hack? I can not find it in the launcher. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuWa7
    First of all thanks for the changes you made for Keycaps and FieldPlus. This combo is great in my Treo650.

How do I use your Suppress Keyclick and sound hack? I can not find it in the launcher. Thanks.
    You need to download YAHM
    Update: There are times that the option 1 setting (200) does not work in Blazer. Seems like Blazer is a problem app with keycaps
    I use hold->option and have never had any problems with it. Are you using hold or double click to get option? I don't actually use the double click mode myself.

If you can give me a test case that consistently fails, I have a chance at being able to fix it, but without that there's not much of a chance of my being able to figure out what's wrong.
    I perfectly understand what you mean, doomsey. I just reconfigured my set up and all is well. Double click is now assigned to E.

What are your exact keycaps settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    You need to download YAHM
    Thanks. I thought I do not have a need for YAHM anymore when I removed TreoKeyHack.
    Just wanted to add... Using TreoGuard slowed me down from 4 sec. to 52 sec. So the solution I found was to disable the "Lock Ringer Volume" option.

Hope this helps someone.
    Igor,

Any chance on updating the YAHM icon??? Coz it does't exactly look well on a 320x320 screen.

Thanks.
    I perfectly understand what you mean, doomsey. I just reconfigured my set up and all is well. Double click is now assigned to E.

What are your exact keycaps settings?
    i find it better to have the double click set to > eeeeeee
    and the hold set to e > 1 > E

since i need the #s more frequently (after a period or at the beginning of a sentence auto caps takes care of the caps) but if i ever do need caps its the 3rd option of hold. plus it lessens the risk of typos (i.e. feed > fEd, soon > sOn)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    doomsey,

With scrolljump enabled in Blazer, moving fast between weblinks may cause a crash. This was my problem with your modified keycaps and also treokeyhack. Disabling scrolljump in Blazer fixed it! I'm using keycaps now and even with a 55 setting , no problems in Blazer.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    What is scrolljump? I can't find a setting for it in Blazer.
    Its a panl application patched by doomsey to lower cpu overhead. From my experience , it works well with most apps except for Blazer when a fully loaded page is necessary before it can "jump". With it active in Blazer, it can also cause a crash while moving fast between web links using treokeyhack or keycaps increased speed. I just disabled scrolljump in Blazer and all is well with keycaps.
    I just disabled scrolljump in Blazer and all is well with keycaps.
    How do you disable "scrolljump" in Blazer?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    With hold L->O->U:e->1->E, holding p to get P loses one space on the left. So instead of being where it is after capitalizing like this P, it moves to the left like thiP (word was supose to be "this" but since P moved to the left, s was lost)

doomsey, can you fix this?