Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1. Puk
    Two quick questions:

1) If the scan crashes your 650, is it just a soft reset, or is any data lost (assuming nothing crazy running in the background). I don't mind a reset, but don't want to risk something worse.

2) Is there any way (for gratuitous optimization purposes, Mr. Meyer ) to disable ROM apps altogether? Like VersaMail/MultiMail and a few other things which get notifications and which I simply don't use or need?

Thanks.

-puk
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    New PalmInternals 1.9.144. An attempt to make crash a bit safer ;-)
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/palminternals.prc

The first one used to crash my Treo too but I have already reconfigured my set up for the same functionality to have better performance . The latest build takes up less dbcache after a db scan(700k less in my case) and hopefully will not crash on others. I like the warning pop up dialog.

My numbers reflect the way my Treo perform now. I got the stability I was looking for with your app Igor. I can even launch Palminternals now even with Ptunes running! : ) I used resco locker to further stabilize my system by locking those under hede and other apps in the background. However I didnt lock those that lock automatically when its running. (ptunes and Audible)

For those having trouble on the treo 650, you should have at least 9000 to 9500 free ram and around 5500k free db cache to run the program for the first time after a reset. If you're using PC, exclude Palminternals from the exclude app list under global options.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    New PalmInternals 1.9.144. An attempt to make crash a bit safer ;-)
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/palminternals.prc
    Good news! This one does not crash my Treo 650 the way earlier ones did. However, since I last ran PalmInternals I did update my Verizon ROM to 1.03 and gained back about 3MB (I now have > 11MB free of RAM) which may have helped. The RAM gain was largely from now having the latest Verizon Wireless Sync in ROM instead of in RAM.

Igor, what does the DB scan do? I can't tell the difference between when I run it and when I don't.

BTW: My timings are 9 secs, 892 tics. Butler, TextPlus, and HiLauncher subscribe to 'hede'. I can live with it!
    Last edited by WPWoodJr; 07/26/2005 at 11:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    The first one used to crash my Treo too but I have already reconfigured my set up for the same functionality to have better performance . The latest build takes up less dbcache after a db scan(700k less in my case) and hopefully will not crash on others. I like the warning pop up dialog.

My numbers reflect the way my Treo perform now. I got the stability I was looking for with your app Igor. I can even launch Palminternals now even with Ptunes running! : ) I used resco locker to further stabilize my system by locking those under hede and other apps in the background. However I didnt lock those that lock automatically when its running. (ptunes and Audible)

For those having trouble on the treo 650, you should have at least 9000 to 9500 free ram and around 5500k free db cache to run the program for the first time after a reset. If you're using PC, exclude Palminternals from the exclude app list under global options.
    How do you tell how much DBCache is being used?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Puk
    Two quick questions:

1) If the scan crashes your 650, is it just a soft reset, or is any data lost (assuming nothing crazy running in the background). I don't mind a reset, but don't want to risk something worse.

2) Is there any way (for gratuitous optimization purposes, Mr. Meyer ) to disable ROM apps altogether? Like VersaMail/MultiMail and a few other things which get notifications and which I simply don't use or need?

Thanks.

-puk
    When it crashes its just a soft reset in my experience.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB

Why are you using Resco Locker? How do you know it helps? How do you decide what to lock? And, what is PC? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puk
    Two quick questions:

Thanks.

-puk

1. Just a soft reset. PI doesn't make any changes to databases.
    2. google for Shadowmite's reflash tools for 650. I don't think that inactive ROM apps do serious overhead and slowdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    Igor, what does the DB scan do? I can't tell the difference between when I run it and when I don't.
    Callback (procedure) notifications don't save information about their application, address only. PI tries to scan all programs and saves their address ranges. This scan can overflow dbcache.

Compare new KeyCaps 'hede' record with and without dbscan. You'll see appname with scan and Unknown without.
    With dbscan, mine crashes. Without dbscan, alarms show but my notifications is a blank screen. On Treo 650 GSM Unlocked with Treo650-1.13-ROW.
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/TreoKeyHack.prc
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.2
    * auto shifted bug was fixed
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.2
    auto shifted bug was fixed . whats that? are u speaking of the problem of the autocaps (i.e. after a period, the first letter of a memo, sms) typing E1 when i want 1 to be the first thing typed? if so it still happens for me

version number still says 4.1

i apologize. i went back deleted treokeyhack with yahm, them IR treokeyhack to my treo again and there it was version 4.2 . and yes it is fixed . i thankyou so much sir
    Last edited by Franko515; 07/27/2005 at 06:57 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    You can set "Disable at hotsync" option in YAHM to update hacks without manual deactivation
    You can set "Disable at hotsync" option in YAHM to update hacks without manual deactivation
    oh you didnt try to fix the issue i was speaking of . well you did anyway , thankyou again . (i know you said you werent having this problem but myself and a couple other were so i thankyou for them also)

i dont think your post was for me (i have been wrong before). maybe i will just be quiet
    Last edited by Franko515; 07/27/2005 at 06:55 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i know you said you werent having this problem but myself and a couple other were so i thankyou for them also
    Huh. It was funny bug. 0.4.1 works pretty well with active Graffiti 1, but fails with Graffiti 2. As G2 hater, I never mett this bug on my device.
    Igor, thank you so much. For me the most noticeable difference is in the pics app, where switching between pics was painfully slow before. getting rid of keycaps 600 and fieldplus and replacing it with treokeyhack has made it much faster and bearable, not lightning fast, but fast enough to not be annoying.

The 2 remaining app under hede is McPhling and ClipPro, which I'm not willing to delete. Any chance you can write a hack for those 2?
    I'm using Zlauncher's QuickLaunch anywhere instead of McPhling.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.2
    I just noticed a bug in the new version of TreoKeyHack, I also checked the old version (0.4.1) and it had the same bug. The bug is, you can't get two "1"s in a row by pressing and holding the "e" key twice. I have press and hold set to mimic the option key. This isn't only a bug with the "e" key.

Igor, would you mind taking a look? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    I just noticed a bug in the new version of TreoKeyHack, I also checked the old version (0.4.1) and it had the same bug. The bug is, you can't get two "1"s in a row by pressing and holding the "e" key twice. I have press and hold set to mimic the option key. This isn't only a bug with the "e" key.

Igor, would you mind taking a look? Thanks.
    To produce "11" you should press e, wait for producing 1, release e, press e, wait for 1, release e. Do you want something else?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'm using Zlauncher's QuickLaunch anywhere instead of McPhling.
    I use HiLauncher for this. Its a great program.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    To produce "11" you should press e, wait for producing 1, release e, press e, wait for 1, release e. Do you want something else?
    Funny, but that's not working for me. I tried a soft reset, didn't help.

Could something else be interfering? I've deinstalled KeyCaps.

Is anyone else having this problem where you can't produce "11" with press-and-hold of the "e" key? I can only produce "1e".