1.    #1  
    Just received and activated Treo 650 this week with Sprint.
    Charged the phone, shows full battery, then 30 minutes later it says low battery and shuts down. Did a soft reset and the battery shows full charge again. 30 minutes later same problem and phone shuts down.
    When I plug in the charger it wont show that it's charging until I do a soft reset while the charger is still connected.
    Charge for a few hours but then have the same problem after 30 minutes again with the phone shutting off due to low battery.
    Did a hard re-set, and didn't hotsync or install apps and still have this problem.
    It is running 1.12
    Going crazy!!! Help!!
    Eric
    The only thing I can think of is this...

When the phone was updated to 1.12 (at the store or factory) the battery may not have been plugged in/charged. This can cause the meter to be out of calibration.

I would try this before going to the warranty. Charge the phone for a few hours then run the 1.12 updater to re-calibrate the meter.

That's probably nuts...but it might work.

good luck!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The only thing I can think of is this...

When the phone was updated to 1.12 (at the store or factory) the battery may not have been plugged in/charged. This can cause the meter to be out of calibration.

I would try this before going to the warranty. Charge the phone for a few hours then run the 1.12 updater to re-calibrate the meter.

That's probably nuts...but it might work.

good luck!!!
    DT, how can this be slightly possible when the update wont continue unless contected to the charger? Somewhere within Palms site, it states that the Treo MUST be in charger and a several people have reported that the upgrade would halt until connected.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    You are mistaken there. You can run the update without the charger plugged in. Not always will it complete, sometimes it sticks. The instructions state that it must be plugged for this reason and it has beeen guessed due to the battery calibration.

Like I said...a long shot, but these are proven connected issues. If you've got a better idea...go for it
    You are mistaken there. You can run the update without the charger plugged in. Not always will it complete, sometimes it sticks. The instructions state that it must be plugged for this reason and it has beeen guessed due to the battery calibration.

Like I said...a long shot, but these are proven connected issues. If you've got a better idea...go for it
    Actually DT, I dont have a better idea. I was just sharing my knowledge based on all the info I read prior to doing my own update and the issues that others reported thereafter.
    ~ ScandaLous ~

It is also possible that the charger was plugged in but the battery was still at a low charge level.
    either way running the update with the battery charged will recalibrate the battery
  8.    #8  
    Might be a little more than that I'm afraid.
    Because even with the charger plugged in it still tells me low battery, shutting down.
    This is NUTS!!!
    so you are syaing it's impossible to charge the battery and if so how long have you had it?

Have you only gone through one charge?
  10.    #10  
    I can charge the battery after I plug it in and do a soft reset. Just to get it to charge is a process. I've had the unit only for a few days.
    Palm support and Sprint support are dumbfounded by this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    I can charge the battery after I plug it in and do a soft reset. Just to get it to charge is a process. I've had the unit only for a few days.
    Palm support and Sprint support are dumbfounded by this problem.

I would suggest trying my solution.

1. even though it is an ordeal...charge your treo
    2. run the sprint 1.12 updater available at www.palmone.com/us/support
    3. hopefully this will calibrate your battery meter.

why ask for help if you won't take advice?
    If it's brand new just bring it in to a sprint store, tell them the problem and do a warranty exchange. It's a lot more simple than doing the update which doesn't necessarily work.

My husband had the battery issue after his update and even after another one with the battery full, it still does it...
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Try using a different battery if you have one. Maybe it's just a bad battery. If not, then just get a replacement and be done with it I say. You don't want to worry about rom update etc if you don't have to...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14.    #14  
    Well,
    brought to the Sprint store. The Techs looked at it for a while then decided to put a new battery in it. Worked fine for all of 15 minutes. Then 'boom' shut off due to low battery failure. They were stumped. So they gave me a new phone.
    But now, I have version 1.03.....grrrrrrrr have to do the update all over again.
    Why do they still have version 1.03 in stock??
    I bought a Sprint Treo 650 on 6/27 and it had 1.08 on it. I upgraded to 1.12 before I synched my data from my Treo 270.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p