1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Thanks for a the help and advice this forum provides, its been a tremendous help to me.

I am trying to figure out a way to play my mp3 through my radio in my car via hard wire arrangment or bluetooth.

Anyone have ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Nigian
    stageworks@usa.net
    I have found that using a cassette adapter works best. I have used a wireless fm adapter, but the quality of the cassette adapter seems better.
    Pilottreo1
    Umm....there's bluetooth if you have a bluetooth receiver built-in or added on. Or there's the more logical option of using a cassette adapter or fm transmitter. You'd obviously have to use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Hope that helps. I'm really psyched about it. Just got the ideas from a couple guys in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90270
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I have found that using a cassette adapter works best. I have used a wireless fm adapter, but the quality of the cassette adapter seems better.
    Dang I wish I could use a cassette adapter. STOOPIT CD Players!! I've never heard a good quality fm transmitter...but, I'll let you guys know how it works out later tonight with the iTrip. Heh...I drove half an hour to my ol' lady's house to use her iTrip.....but I left the friggin' 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter at my house! STOOPIT ME!!
    There a few options out there. I went thru the same situation with my XM reciever.
    Wired FM Modulation (Sound quality is similar to FM stations)- http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=fmdirect. You can also find this item at Walmart, Best Buy or K-Mart and such.

The Best option is DPX AUXILIARY INPUT CONVERTER. The sound quality this way is the closest you will get to CD quality. Each vehicle has specific cables you will need to get depending on your Head Unit. They can be found at stereo install places or on the web.
    Check out this document to see which converter you will need.- http://pie.net/images/appguide/auxi.pdf. I found the best place to learn how to install it is reading the forums at xmfan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kn0byt3
    There a few options out there. I went thru the same situation with my XM reciever.
    Wired FM Modulation (Sound quality is similar to FM stations)- http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=fmdirect. You can also find this item at Walmart, Best Buy or K-Mart and such.

The Best option is DPX AUXILIARY INPUT CONVERTER. The sound quality this way is the closest you will get to CD quality. Each vehicle has specific cables you will need to get depending on your Head Unit. They can be found at stereo install places or on the web.
    Check out this document to see which converter you will need.- http://pie.net/images/appguide/auxi.pdf. I found the best place to learn how to install it is reading the forums at xmfan.com
    I LOVE THIS PLACE. ALWAYS GREAT IDEAS FLOATING AROUND!!!

I knew I couldn't use a cassete adapter. I never got around to testing the FM transmitter as I haven't made it home yet. But I never would have thought to connect the phone to the back of my cd player's head unit. I checked around online and found that my cd player (Pioneer DEH-4700MP) has an open auxiliary jack. AWESOME! Kept looking and found 2 separate cables that would get the job done.

Here are the prices after shipping and links to the cables:
    $20, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2084.html
    $30, http://www.installer.com/aux/# (will have to scroll down to pioneer section, or search for 'PIO-P-35MM')

The first is a 20 inch cable that goes to RCA jacks, whereas the second is a 6 foot cable that goes directly to a 3.5mm jack. Any recommendations on which I should choose? I don't plan on connecting to anything other than 3.5mm devices, but can't predict the future. Also, I already have an RCA to 3.5mm adapter, so the first would be cheaper.

Any advice on which would be better, in terms of quality, perhaps? Or in terms of anything else??

Thanks in advance!!

Man, I love this forum!
    I have the honaux auxiliary adapter in my Honda. Made by Blitzsafe. PIE makes them as well. Got mine on line from logjamelectronics.com and installed it myself to the factory headunit - there is an aux plug on the back of it. You'll need to ID the one that goes to your car. I have the RCA plugs going into my glove box.

I've tried fm transmitters. I find them of poor sound quality and irritating if your fm signal keeps fluctuating.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    Pilottreo1
    Whats a cassette
    Well...I decided to go with the PIO-P-35MM for my Pioneer CD Player. I figured I'd pay a little more for the 6-foot cable because I can hook it directly into the Treo (well, almost directly...I'm definitely wishin' I had that 3.5mm adapter now!). They have an RCA jack to Auxiliary adapter for my head unit like the one posted above, but there's also another that has another P-BUS jack (that's what the auxiliary input on my CD player is called) if I ever decide to hook up a DVD player, or anything that requires RCA inputs. What this means is that I can have TWO P-Bus inputs at once while there is only one connector on the head unit. But I doubt I'll ever need more than the 3.5mm adapter, honestly.

I'll post more when I receive it. Thanks for all advice, guys!
    I was going to suggest a radio with inputs but that was no cheap solution. Didn't know your stereo had that. Direct connections are always the way to go. No cassettes, no fm modulators. Those are weak alternatives.
    Does your car CD pay MP3 files? Some do and you could take your play list and burn an MP3 CD
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Does your car CD pay MP3 files? Some do and you could take your play list and burn an MP3 CD
    It most certainly does. I've got tons of MP3 cds. My only problem is that cds I get ahold of scratch too easily. I'd rather just have like a cd's worth of mp3s on my sd card that wouldn't ever scratch, could be changed out every coupla days (thereby saving me burnt cds and money in the process), and would automatically interrupt the songs for a phone call...then playing my caller's voice over my speakers.

QUALITY!!
    Has anyone tried the FM Transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter? I was at Costco yesterday and saw it for around $27.00 I am also looking for a good solution for inside my car. I've tried the Belkin FM transmitter but it periodically drops it's connection and the sound quality is less than ideal. The Belkin does suck up batteries so have extra on hand.
    I'm pretty sure most FM Transmitters are going to be less than ideal!

What type of head unit do you have?? Cd player??
    I have a cassette player in my car so I'll give that a shot. I tried looking for a DPX AUXILIARY INPUT converter, but alas, they didn't list one for my car (SAAB 9000).

I'll pick up the cassette adapter tonight and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by 26point2
    I'll pick up the cassette adapter tonight and report back.
    Yea...cassette adapter should sound much better than FM transmitter.