1.    #1  
    I just got anew Treo 650 on Sprint. I took it home, installed Palm Desktop, hooked up the USB cable and hit the hotsync button. on my PC popped up a 'found new hardware' screen and i hit cancel or no, or something like that to get rid of it and then.... nothing. The hotsync never finished (i got a timeout message on my treo) and now all that happens when i try and hotsync is it times out! I've been reading all day and I can't find anything that works. It does not show up in my device manager, I've installed and uninstalled an re-installed Palm Desktop multiple times, I tried USBRegClean from palm and that didnt help. I don't know what to do, I'm at my wits end. Help!
    Umm...reinstall Windows. That usually works
    During installation of the Palm software on you computer, it prompts you to connect your phone to the hotsync cable and perform a hotsync. Right after, your PC will try to recognize the device and will install the driver from the Palm software. If this process is not done then you cannot do a hotsync.

When you perform a hotsync, does the hotsync window show up on your PC?
  4.    #4  
    aznmode:

the hotsync window does not show up when i initiate a hotsync.

ok, so pretty much I guess I told it not to install the driver so now it isnt looking for it at all. I thought uninstalling the software and re-installing it would reset the option that i chose not to install the drivers but it hasn't. So I guess my question would be how do i get it to prompt me again, preferrably without having to re-install Windows?
    you may have to go to device manager and look to see if the PDA is showing there and tell windows to re-search for drivers for the device. Usually under device manager it shows up with a yellow question mark as device not found.
  6.    #6  
    DAugustyn:

I have tried this and it is nowhere to be found in my device manager. I have tried this while it was not connected and also while it was attempting to connect and it does not show up.
    Since nothing works so far and the next thing you might try is a windows reinstallation, why don't you try a soft reset or even a hard reset of your treo before synching again.
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxfrog
    ...on my PC popped up a 'found new hardware' screen and i hit cancel or no, or something like that to get rid of it and then.... nothing.
    My question is: Why did you cancel the "Found New Hardware" wizard to begin with??? How can you sync your device if you don't install the drivers for it???

Ken
    This may seem obvious, but did you try restarting Windows? If that doesn't work, then try running the Add Hardware Wizard while the Treo is plugged in.
    You can also go to the HotSynch page on the Palm Site which has a utility that will clear your registry file for the program. When my Tungsten E refused to hot synch I had to clear the registry file and reinstall the desktop software and then all worked again.