1.    #1  
    Anybody know of something that will launch an application automatically after a reset or a hotsync?
    For half of your requirements you might try AfterSync. I can't vouch for it personally, but it's included with Launcher X and is also available by itself (freeware).

Pete
    powerup and Soft Reset to name but 2....

Search is your friend....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    Anybody know of something that will launch an application automatically after a reset or a hotsync?

Try autoexec:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/autoexec.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    I really appreciate the help here. AfterSync may do what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I really appreciate the help here. AfterSync may do what I need.
    Afraid not.

Aftersync is designed to run your chosen app after a hotsync. Only it has a slight bug........... it loses your setting after a reset

PowerUp is freeware for turning your radio back on after a reset, but you have to register after the trial period for the feature you want. However "run after reset" works during the trial period, so give it a try. It's worth registering as all GoTreo software is well supported
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #7  
    My real problem is that I keep forgetting to activate Chatter after a hotsync. Chatter will activate itself after a reset, but not after a hotsync. Aftersync is closer to what I need, but if it keeps losing the settings, it won't do me much good.

I have downloaded all of the suggest applications and will see which does what I need, if any.
    Chatter should start up by itself after a HotSync - mine does. You might want to check if you have one of the more recent versions.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  9.    #9  
    I am using 1.7b8 version of Chatter. The forum at Mark's site indicates that not starting after a hotsync is normal behavior. It is possible (likely) that I misunderstand the settings.
    Hmmm... now I'm doubting myself.

I'll have to test it out...

OK, I tested it and you're absolutely correct. Oops - I must have dreamt that it just started working. More likely I'm so impatient that I just automatically go right into Chatter and force it to reconnect.

Anyway, sorry for throwing confusion on the fire.
    try soft reset. it's small and simple

TY
  12.    #12  
    Aftersync worked. It solves my Chatter problem for now. Actually it solves my diminishing memory problem. If I wasn't losing brain cells so fast I could remember to launch Chatter after a sync.

The latest beta of Chatter is supposed to fix the problem, but it hasn't helped on my Treo.

Thanks for all the tips.