1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this has been covered in another thread, but I did try to search and found nothing.

I have an unlocked GSM 650 I use with T-Mobile (with good results to date). I was attempting to update to the new software but get an error message that reads "not compatible with this phone". I'm certain I downloaded the unlocked software, and using the phone on T-Mobile, am pretty sure my phone is unlocked.
    I am wondering if it is because I am at a very old version of the software & need to do some back updates before the new one? I dunno. guidance would be much appreciated.

Info:
    Firmware: 01.23
    Software: Treo650- 1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A

Thanks,
    JM
    My guess is, since your software says "CNB" your phone was originally a Cingular phone before it was unlocked (CNB + Cingular Blue)

I have the same setup as you. I have an unlocked GSM Cingular 650 that I run T-Mobile on.

You'll need this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...e+cingular+GSM

That's how I updated mine
  3.    #3  
    It was a Cingular phone. Thanks a lot for your help!
    JM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmprod
    Forgive me if this has been covered in another thread, but I did try to search and found nothing.

I have an unlocked GSM 650 I use with T-Mobile (with good results to date). I was attempting to update to the new software but get an error message that reads "not compatible with this phone". I'm certain I downloaded the unlocked software, and using the phone on T-Mobile, am pretty sure my phone is unlocked.
    I am wondering if it is because I am at a very old version of the software & need to do some back updates before the new one? I dunno. guidance would be much appreciated.

Info:
    Firmware: 01.23
    Software: Treo650- 1.02-CNB
    Hardware: A

Thanks,
    JM
    Quick one - How do I pull this info up. I went into SunCom and they have the Treo 650. I inserted a Cingular Sim in the demo phone and it worked, so I am assuming the phone is unlocked (the reps couldn't tell me). I want to see if they are Cingular phones that are unlocked or something else. Thanks,
    Palm Personal -> Palm Professional -> Handspring Visor -> iPAQ 6350 -> Treo 650???
  5.    #5  
    I went to the phone screen and under the pull down menu "Options" I selected "Phone Info"...
    I hope that answers...
    If it is a Cingular Phone, then under "Phone Info" it will say "CNB" or possibly "CNO" as the software description. The only way to tell if it is unlocked at that point would be to try, say, a T-mobile sim and see if it works (can you actually make calls).
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    If it is a Cingular Phone, then under "Phone Info" it will say "CNB" or possibly "CNO" as the software description. The only way to tell if it is unlocked at that point would be to try, say, a T-mobile sim and see if it works (can you actually make calls).
    SunCom is a competitor of Cingular, so I was hoping the fact that I put a Cingular SIM (not a former AT&T wireless SIM) in their phone and it worked meant it was unlocked. It still could be a Cingular phone that SunCom is buying from Cingular and unlocking?? If it does not say CNB or CNO then it is unlocked?
    Palm Personal -> Palm Professional -> Handspring Visor -> iPAQ 6350 -> Treo 650???
    Hi everyone, I have purchased a treo 650 from rogers two months ago. However, I need to bring my unit abroad but unfortunately, having the line opened would cost me alot as per rogers. can anyone help me on any other alternatives in unlocking my unit without the risk? I really need the unit badly. Hope you could help. Thank you.