1.    #1  
    Well, it's almost time for Vindigo to renew and since they don't seem to be making any improvements, I'm wondering what would be a good replacement? It seems there's nothing out there that does it all. I'll have to have several apps to get the same functionality.

Started looking @ Zagat to Go

Curious to here what others are doing....
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I've been looking for something similar as well. Vindigo is a great app, but they haven't made any real improvents to it in close to two years. It seems like they're taking advantage of the fact that they have no competition.

I would use Zagat, except it's only updated yearly and only has restaurant reviews. Vindigo has a lot more to offer, but they seem to be just sitting on their a@@
  3.    #3  
    Looks like Zagat has more than restaraunt reviews now.

Edit: But I see now they are VERY limited. (NYC, Vegas, London, LA, N.O., S.F.)
    Edit2: Site implies they update more than yearly now:
    "The ZAGAT TO GO Manager (included with ZAGAT TO GO 2005) makes it easy to add new guides or update current guides. This program will periodically check the ZAGAT TO GO Web site for content updates and notify you whenever it finds something new."
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I'm hoping there are more options out there than Vindigo. I am getting very frustrated at their lack of development of their only Palm product. When I first used Vindigo it was free. Now, they have an annual fee. While it has a wireless capability, it does not make any use of Treo or other palm-phones' capabilities, like it could. The lack of expansion card support (it is a big memory hog), the lack of 5 way navigation, the small selection points so one cannot effectively use a finger instead of a stylus, etc. When my subscription comes toward renewal, I'm thinking of dropping.

The problem is that I travel and it has the most convenient integration of mapping and restaurant/bars.

I would welcome a more Treo-friendly alternative to the sadly out-of-date Vindigo!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing. I grabbed a copy of Zagats - and I like it but it's not nearly as complete as Vindigo. I don't even mind the terrible interface - just the abillity to store it on the card and not dealing with ZLauncher to do it would be great! Vindigo, if you're listening DO SOMETHING AND UPDATE YOUR BLEEPING SOFTWARE!!!
    They don't update their software but they must spend a lot of money keeping their databases current. Lots of stuff in lots of cities. Even as it is , a very nice app-- the location function and search from a given location is really great.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yes, it really is a good app, and it has data for *lots* of cities. I keep it on the card, using zLauncher-- works fine.
    How do you keep it on the card with Zlauncher? Can you sync it there? Do you just move it back to RAM each time you hotsync?
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    Do you just move it back to RAM each time you hotsync?
    Yep...just move it back each time.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    For content and coverage information for ZAGAT TO GO please visit this page:
    http://mobile.zagat.com/guides_palmos.htm

Also, while Vindigo is a great product, don't hold your breath waiting for a Palm update. I heard directly from Vindigo's founder that they have no plans to do any further develoment for the Palm platform. Their focus is on mainstream (feature) phones.

N.B. I work for Zagat.
    I too have done the zLauncher move back & forth to card, but it inevitably becomes a problem and you have to reload it again.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danentin
    For content and coverage information for ZAGAT TO GO please visit this page:
    http://mobile.zagat.com/guides_palmos.htm

Also, while Vindigo is a great product, don't hold your breath waiting for a Palm update. I heard directly from Vindigo's founder that they have no plans to do any further develoment for the Palm platform. Their focus is on mainstream (feature) phones.

N.B. I work for Zagat.
    Can't say I'm surpried. They haven't updated the UI in about two years-it's not even in hi-res. Whenever you ask them about upgrades, they feed you some BS about how they don't "announce new features until they are ready to launch". What a load of crap.