1.    #1  
    I used to use WebViewer on my T600 and loved it, but hadn't used it on my T650 (for various reasons). I wanted to try it out again (frustrated with the seemingly slowing-slowness of Blazer), now with the 650, so I went looking for it.

Step 1:
    I went to download a trial at http://www.reqwireless.com/ and, well....YOU try to find it. Looks like the website is out-of-service. Humm...?

Step 2:
    I download the trial version of WebViewer 4.0 from a palm software site, install it (as well as the latest Java)....and BAM! I get this message,

Error
    This trial version has expired. For unlimited usage, purchase a registration key at www.handango.com using your home or office desktop browser.

I went to handango only out of curiosity (because I wanted a TRIAL, not purchase...yet). I couldn't find the version that supports the Treo.

Has anyone had any experience with this company or browser in recent months? Did they shut down shop, or just dump supporting the Treo, or what?

Is anyone even using this browser on their 650?
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CognizanT
    I went to download a trial at http://www.reqwireless.com/ and, well....YOU try to find it. Looks like the website is out-of-service. Humm...?
    Just worked for me....

Oops, spoke too soon. Site comes up, but links don't work except Support and Contact.....

Bummer, I was looking at this browser myself.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    A couple of months ago it was up and running. Maybe more than a couple. I tried it for a day or so right after the official P1treo650 java came out out. I too loved it on the 600 for its speed but on the 650 it was no faster than blazer. I don't have any newer info but there were some threads about it at the time.
    Xxino works real fast for the treo 650

Fred
    Xiino's speed with Blazer's rending/formatting would do some damage.
    my webviewer works fine on the 650
    been using xxino since it came out works great on 650 much faster then blazer

Fred
    I purchased webviewer at the end of March... the trail version was still working back then, can't speak for now
    I was just mailed a registration key by reqwireless on 6/13 but I'm using version 3.5. The email also stated I could download/install the upgrade from the website. I have not tried to upgrade as 3.5 works fine on the 650. As others have said I don't think it's any faster than Blazer....which was not the case with my 600.
  10.    #10  
    Interesting about it being as slow as Blazer on the 650. I find that pretty hard to believe as slow as Blazer is.

For those WebViewer is working...what version of Java do you have?
    Interesting about it being as slow as Blazer on the 650. I find that pretty hard to believe as slow as Blazer is.

it's true...check out the thread on webviewer on the 650.

either that or I am a giant liar.
  12.    #12  
    Btw I have Xiino. It's my default browser. Its not as fast as my perception of people's opinion of it is. Maybe its just me.

The main problem with Xiino is it renders most the websites I browse like sh@t (mostly forums)...so I'm forced to "Blaze" 'em.

On the Treo 600, WebViewer blew the competition away (as far as loading speed). It wasn't even close.

for me personally webviewer is faster than blazer

I'm using IBM Java v.2.2.012