I'm trying to understand a few things about snappermail...

I use outlook express on the desktop. It's set to retrieve e-mail every 15 minutes. It's set so that messages are deleted from the server after 14 days, or when deleted from the deleted items folder.

With Snapper, I have it set to delete mesages from the server if items are deleted from the trash, which I do at the end of every day. I have it set this way because when I was using versa mail, when I deleted an item from my inbox, it would automatically download another copy... I never bothered to see if snapper does the same thing...

So now, I have 4 messages in my snapper inbox, nothing has been deleted since last night, yet when I perform a send/receive, it shows retrieving changes 2 of 4.

Can anyone explain:

#1. What is being retrieved? There are no new messages, nothing has been deleted from the trash (only from the inbox), all messages have been read. So when it says "Retrieving Changes 2 / 4, what is it doing? What does that mean?

#2. What files can be deleted, without having to set up the account again, that will bring the folder back in "sync"?

Thanks,

David...