Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got a 650....
    Just got a 1GB card...
    I can't for my life figure out how to download music onto it!!!!!!
    Please help!!!
    Thanks in advance.
    What do you mean by "download?"

Such as iTunes, etc...or do you want to copy songs from your computer to the card?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What do you mean by "download?"

Such as iTunes, etc...or do you want to copy songs from your computer to the card?
    Wow, that was surprisingly gentle.....
    I'm back!
    If the MP3s are on your computer you want to download them from the computer to the card - in an Audio directory (must be named Audio or Music) - once they are on there put the card into the Treo. Whatever app you're using to play the MP3s should recognize the directory for you.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Wow, that was surprisingly gentle.....
    I've been allowed one free pass per day.

Here was yesterdays:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90231

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If you don't have an SD Card drive you can use the Palm desktop software. Click on Quick Install and drag the files over. Right click to make a folder named "AUDIO" to put them in so your mp3 player on the Treo can find them.
    I've been allowed one free pass per day.

Here was yesterdays:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90231
    It's good that you can let the kindler, gentler Insertion out for 5 minutes a day.

Think of it as his rec time while spending solitary confinement in the federal PMITA prison.
    I'm back!
    GO BUY A FLASH CARD READER...if you've got a laptop with an open pcmcia slot, get that kinda reader. Otherwise, get a usb reader! Don't wait...do it now!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the feedback.. and for being gentle....
    I want to take my music files that are on my computer and somehow get them onto the card so that the 650 will read and play them....
    I have not converted them to MP3 yet... not sure how and what software I will need.
    Get a card reader. Can just click and drag. Do not know if you are using the player that came with the phone or p-tunes. Suggest p-tunes. You might not even have to convert the files to mp3's since p-tunes supports many file formats.
  11.    #11  
    I just have Real Player that came with the phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRed
    I just have Real Player that came with the phone....
    what format do you have?

off topic...how do I download phone calls from hot easy women onto my phone?

on topic...

here's a decent FAQ that applies
  14.    #14  
    what format do you have?
    I have no idea... how do I check?
    At the top of my phone display after I ckick the icon...
    All is says is Real Player...
  15.    #15  
    Sorry..

It says:

Real Player for Palm One
    Version 1.6.0
    I have no idea... how do I check?
    At the top of my phone display after I ckick the icon...
    All is says is Real Player...
    I meant the songs you want to copy. What's the format? mp3, wav, ogg, flac, aac...

17.    #17  
    Sorry... I believe they are wav...
    But not for sure... I downloaded them all from Napster.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    New Napster or old Napster? If it's the old Napster from circa 2000 then they are almost assuradly MP3. If it's the new Napster music service, unless you purchased the song for 99 cents you are out of luck as the Treo is not a supported player. The guys at Normsoft who develop Pocket Tunes say they are looking into Napster support though or at least were back in February.
    Sorry... I believe they are wav...
    But not for sure... I downloaded them all from Napster.
    Hmm...if you downloaded them from Napster, they're prolly mp3s. Either way...just order the card reader, man. No sense in wasting time trying to get mp3s a couple days before you're capable of doing it the easy way. They're only like $20 online...eBay maybe??
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    If it's the new Napster music service, unless you purchased the song for 99 cents you are out of luck as the Treo is not a supported player.
    Hmm...I'm new to all this DRM stuff. I tend to run in the opposite direction of those 3 letters.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast