Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Every time I try to transfer music or pictures to my 1GB SD it does not show up on my Treo 650 when I put the SD back in the Treo...

What am I doing wrong???????????????????????????????????????????????????
  2.    #22  
    OK.... I got a SD Card Reader/Writter this evening....
    Still no luck... and BTW I have been getting the Napster songs for 99cents....
    But now when I try to get them from Napster to my SD... it says the files are no longer there...????
    However they are on the free real player that I downloaded....
    But again when I try to make them MP3's... it says I am not able to do that???????????
    1.are you putting them in the "audio" directory on your SD card?

2.what do you mean by "show up" ? Are you using an mp3 player such as Real, Busker or pTunes to try and play them?

3.forum etiquette...this post does not belong in the "treo 650 hardware" forum.
    music = \audio directory
    pictures = \DCIM directory
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRed
    OK.... I got a SD Card Reader/Writter this evening....
    Still no luck... and BTW I have been getting the Napster songs for 99cents....
    But now when I try to get them from Napster to my SD... it says the files are no longer there...????
    However they are on the free real player that I downloaded....
    But again when I try to make them MP3's... it says I am not able to do that???????????
    not trying to be a wise ***, but you need mp3 help, not treo help.... once you figure out how to make a mp3 file then comeback here, and we can show you how to put them on your treo... start here http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-...-1.html?tag=fs
    <merged>
    the best mods in show business
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged>
    I shall report you. You sir are altering my post count, and thus effecting those who may be participating in a certain T|C contest, that is currently still in effect!

Otherwise, what Dutch said! Werd.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I shall report you. You sir are altering my post count, and thus effecting those who may be participating in a certain T|C contest, that is currently still in effect!

Otherwise, what Dutch said! Werd.
    Ron....you had me
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 07/14/2005 at 01:36 AM.
    There are three ways to transfer audio to your Treo:

1) Hotsync - very slow and torturous

2) external card reader - fasteset

3) Card export, palm file browser etc - nice solution , not as fast as card reader

Note that the builtin Real player only supports real audio (DRM) and un-DRM's mp3. Thus DRM's ACC audio from iTunes will not play unless you unlock and convert them to mp3 either via buring to cd and then re-ripping or via Hymn etc. Ohter players like Ptunes, Aeroplayer etc also support wma, OGG etc.

Audio files should be in the /AUDIO folder or /RA (I think) for ra files...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i have been trying to find the EXACT path of the audio file on the sd card .... but all my searches just keep on coming up with "make an audio directory on the card "...

is it palm/audio ...

or..

palm/launcher/audio...

or...

palm/programs/aeroplayer/audio ....

hoping someone can help with the specifics of this thanks ...

and one more question ... for some reason i can't seem to get aeroplayer to play wav files ... only mp3 ... for some reason i thought that one of the aeroplayer plugins handles wav ....... but i think that i have them all loaded and only mp3 shoews up ...

is that why pocket tunes is teh more popular player ... cause it does both formats? ...

regards
    Last edited by aussietanker; 02/11/2006 at 11:13 PM.
    I had the same problem as the OP...I just installed P-Tunes and all is now right with the world
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    i have been trying to find the EXACT path of the audio file on the sd card .... but all my searches just keep on coming up with "make an audio directory on the card "...

is it palm/audio ...

or..

palm/launcher/audio...

or...

palm/programs/aeroplayer/audio ....

hoping someone can help with the specifics of this thanks ...

and one more question ... for some reason i can't seem to get aeroplayer to play wav files ... only mp3 ... for some reason i thought that one of the aeroplayer plugins handles wav ....... but i think that i have them all loaded and only mp3 shoews up ...

is that why pocket tunes is teh more popular player ... cause it does both formats? ...

regards

when you browse to your card via PC and see it as a drive, open that drive letter and create a folder named AUDIO

it belongs in the root folder not a subfolder.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Thank you ...that is most helpful ......

one more question if i may .....

it's not super important, but i am curious ..... i have noticed that all folders in that root folder always seem to be labelled in capital letters..... is that just coincidence .. or is it some kind of programming protocol ....

thanks for the other info ...

regards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12