Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I wrote a little utility which you can use to switch the sound output on your Treo600 to either the internal speaker or the headphones. It comes in handy when you want to listen to your MP3s with a generic headphone converter.

Basically, it does exacty what Freedom does, for free. In fact, that's the reason I wrote it... I didn't want to spend $15 for something as trivial as this.

Anyway, you can grab it from http://headcold.sourceforge.net. Enjoy!
    Great, thanks. I'll give it a shot. I agree, I wouldn't mind the features of Freedom, but I'm not going to pay $15 for it.
    Auto mode doesn't work for me, but manually setting it to Headphones does send the sound through the standard palm hands-free headset.

600 on Verizon
  4.    #4  
    Hmm... I've never tried the standard palm headset, but it definitely works for with a generic headphone jack converter, at least for me it does =). I'll check it with the palm headset when I get home.
    Thanks.

And hopefully others will provide some feedback to figure out if it's an isolated incident with mine, if there's another app causing a conflict, or if there's an issue with the software.

Thanks again for providing this.
    YO PCB JUNKIE CAN YOU MAKE A PROG TO DO WHAT VOLUMECARE DOES? Talk about trivial...
    I'm having the same problem as pablo. Auto does not work. it sends it to the speaker when a call comes in and my headphones are plugged in. Keep at it PCB!!! This is on a TREO 650 Unlocked Cingular.
    Wonderfull man! this project is exactly what I wanted to do but I couldn`t howerver!

Thanks a lot!! It works pretty well in my treo 600.
    Any action on this?
    Excuse me, pcbjunkie....I'm waiting for my auxiliary cable to connect my car's cd player to my treo. I intend on listening to music and waiting for Aeroplayer to interrupt me with an incoming calls in order to play the caller's voice over my car's system. The only problem, as I understand it, is that while that headphone jack is plugged in, by default [and my only optionis that], I can't use the microphone on the Treo -- the microphone cuts off if a headset is plugged in.

Soo...do you think you could add a microphone toggle switch for when the 2.5mm adapter is plugged into the device??

I would gladly throw you $10 or so for your help and kindness!!!

Thanks.
    Will there be any further development on this, or was it a one-off?
    I tried this on a ROW Treo 650 GSM. It has worked flawlessly during the testing I have done.
  13.    #13  
    There will be further development if I get clear feedback about what people are looking for, however I wrote the utility for myself, and right now it does exactly what I need it to do. But, if you have a feature in mind that you'd like to see added, let me know, and I'll try to add it in my spare time.

By the way, plugging in the hand-free headset doesn't change the sound to the headset if in auto mode. It only seems to work when using a headphone adapter. I guess there is a difference in how the phone detects the two.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but when I plug in my headphone adapter (with headphones of course) it automatically starts coming out the headphones and not out the speaker. Why would I need this program?
  15.    #15  
    Wcarlson40, you must be a lucky owner of a Treo 650. On the Treo 600, this doesn't happen automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbjunkie
    Wcarlson40, you must be a lucky owner of a Treo 650. On the Treo 600, this doesn't happen automatically.
    On a 600 it is also automatic, but from what I have gathered it depends on the firmware, so depending on what people have this app could definitely help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    On a 600 it is also automatic, but from what I have gathered it depends on the firmware, so depending on what people have this app could definitely help.
    Yes, I do have a Treo 600 (Sprint with latest firmware). I guess I thought everybodys worked this way.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thx for making that head phone Treo program for a poor guy like me with 4 kids it helped alot. If I bought Pocket Tunes for say 30.00 (that on the cheap side) plus 8.00 with shipping for the headphone adapter, then say 10.00 for cheap head phones and 15.00 for freedom. I could have bought a Rio Mp3 player cheaper. Thx for writting it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Really thx alot I mean it . It really helped
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Excuse me, pcbjunkie....I'm waiting for my auxiliary cable to connect my car's cd player to my treo. I intend on listening to music and waiting for Aeroplayer to interrupt me with an incoming calls in order to play the caller's voice over my car's system. The only problem, as I understand it, is that while that headphone jack is plugged in, by default [and my only optionis that], I can't use the microphone on the Treo -- the microphone cuts off if headphones/external speakers are plugged in. I don't have any other external microphone...just the Treo's microphone...and I'd like it to work.

Soo...do you think you could add a microphone toggle switch for when the 2.5mm adapter is plugged into the device??

I would gladly throw you $10 or so for your help and kindness!!!

Thanks.
    Bumping my question for pcbjunkie.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast