1.    #1  
    Okay, I just upgraded from my 600 to my 650 yesterday and I must say what sold me alone is the high res. Yeah, I'm a sucker for that stuff.
    Anywho... I'm noticing a lil delay in reaction with the 650. Say it's sleeping and I press the calender button to turn on the screen or something, it takes a nice second or so until the screen actually turns on. And like calling, if I select a contact it takes like 2-3 seconds until it even attempts... It goes to a white screen then tries calling. Oh, and emails, when I send out an email, I click "send" and nothing happens for 'bout 5 seconds then it connects and sends. What's the deal? Am I missing an upgrade?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    What carrier?
  3.    #3  
    Sprint
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Your firmware version should be 1.12

If it's not you can get the latest here...

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...er/sprint.html
    I have the same issues. I am with verizon and have the latest upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
    I have the same issues. I am with verizon and have the latest upgrades.
    Well, if you're with Verizon...you have the only upgrades!

Everybody on Sprint phones, however, should have version 1.12
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Try turning off Bluetooth? When bluetooth is off, the phone wakes up faster. I use BlueFang to keep Bluetooth off until I enter the phone application.

Sometimes BlueFang gets into a wierd mode though, where it prompts before it rings the phone, but in this case I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and it worked fine.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
  8.    #8  
    How do I check my firmware versions?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Go into phone application, then go to options and select phone info. Has all the info such as phone number, username, software version (firmware), etc.
  10.    #10  
    yup, just found it, i'm 1.08... dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn i'm goin' 1.12 i guess
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The latest firmware fixes the all the NFVS issues that cause the OS delays due to 512 KB chunk size writes in the DB cache fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My Orange UK 650 has been been flashed to f/w 1.23 s/w 1.13-ROW and I also have this issue. It does seem to take a long time for the unit to come out of 'stand by' when pressing any of the hard keys. This is with and without bluetooth on.
    If you are running Datebk5, then try purging all completed tasks. This should make switching to and from datebk5 alot faster.