1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to stop the Treo 650 from automatically dimming after 10 seconds or so? My Treo hasn't always done this. It seems to go in waves. I can't find anything under preferences, but I would rather it didn't dim out at all.

Also, I just found out that if you hold down the center button, your alerts will pop up (just in case anyone didn't know this).

Thanks,
    birdieman54
    It only started for me after the sprint update. if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.
    Maybe something like this?

AlwaysOn: Disables auto-off timer.

http://www.persicke.de/alwayson.gif

AlwaysOn v1.2

I don't know if it works on the T650, however it works fine on my T600.

I found another post for this. search for "backlight" and you should find it. The only answer seems to be a soft reset
    try profilecare from www.gotreosoftware.com it controls dimming and tons of other stuff
    Treoing & Loving it
    Only a hard reset worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdieman54
    Does anyone know how to stop the Treo 650 from automatically dimming after 10 seconds or so? My Treo hasn't always done this. It seems to go in waves. I can't find anything under preferences, but I would rather it didn't dim out at all.

Also, I just found out that if you hold down the center button, your alerts will pop up (just in case anyone didn't know this).

Thanks,
    birdieman54
    This generally only happens in the phone application. This is a "feature" of the 650 that after 16 seconds will dim 30% or so. Then after 60 seconds will dim to almost 0%. Then it takes 2 screen touches or key presses for any action to be accepted.

If this is what you are talking about, then ProfileCare will stop this behavior if you include a ProfileCare screen dimming command in an active profile.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    try profilecare from www.gotreosoftware.com it controls dimming and tons of other stuff
    I also use profilecare to control keyboard and screen-lighting. Works great!