1.    #1  
    I finally stepped up...got a 2gig card as boys must have toys! I've been experimenting with what programs can and can't go on the card. Learned the hard way about Avant Go (even the option to put stuff on the card still seems to put much in RAM). Using ZLauncher and some programs only launch when you use the stylus (5 way button doesn't seem to do the trick when they are on the card)

Has any more experienced veteran determined what can be moved and launched with full feature set from an SD card?
    Try PowerRun. Excellent program and will work well with ZLaunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovrdrvn
    Has any more experienced veteran determined what can be moved and launched with full feature set from an SD card?
    First things first! Go get a card reader if you don't have one. Considering ZLauncher is only $5 more than powerrun and provides a lot more functionality, you should go with that option. You can run programs from the card without zlauncher or powerrun, but you can't categorize them. Your best bet to see which programs work on the card, and which don't is trial and error. Drop 'em in the /PALM/Launcher/ folder on the card. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovrdrvn
    Using ZLauncher and some programs only launch when you use the stylus (5 way button doesn't seem to do the trick when they are on the card)
    I have not seen a program that ZLauncher can't run off the card with the 5-way. Don't know which version of ZLauncher you have, but I run all apps on my SD card using the 5-way buttons. I'm running version 5.20....
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Not all apps will run on the card. You will immediately know which ones work, and which don't simply by testing. As others have mentioned, having a good launcher program, such as zLauncher or LauncherX, will allow you to run apps stored on the card...assuming if the apps are able to run from the card in the first place.

Even some programs that work fine on the SD card, such as PocketTunes, I have chosen to not run from the card. This is because various problems occur, such as PocketTunes would sporadically delete the registration password, and delete my preferences and return to stock settings. It was always frustrating having to re-do my settings and re-entering my password over and over again. I finally gave up, and now keep PocketTunes in my internal ram memory, and all is working well with this program again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    As others have mentioned, having a good launcher program, such as zLauncher or LauncherX, will allow you to run apps stored on the card
    Theyll only allow you to categorize them. They run off the card with the stock launcher.