Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used the INNOPOCKET metal case and I modded it and cut the bottom part off so it looks like the PAC RIM case. Anyway, I was getting really bad connection issues especially in my house. I took off the case and I'm getting a lot better reception it seems on Cingular... Just thought I'd let you know. It sucks cuz now I'm thinking about carrying around my 650 neked. I might get the rubber case but do you think that would interfere with reception at all?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I have the Innopocket Aluminum case and have no reception problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I used the INNOPOCKET metal case and I modded it and cut the bottom part off so it looks like the PAC RIM case. Anyway, I was getting really bad connection issues especially in my house. I took off the case and I'm getting a lot better reception it seems on Cingular... Just thought I'd let you know. It sucks cuz now I'm thinking about carrying around my 650 neked. I might get the rubber case but do you think that would interfere with reception at all?
    I would much rather use rubber than metal when I am going neked.
    me too.
  5.    #5  
    good one.
    Tried it with the magnesium case and also noticed a drop in signal. Arghhh....
    I like my leather case. Good protection, nice look and feel.

http://www.pielframa.com/palmone_treo_650_eng.htm
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I can reliably reproduce a reduction in RSSI values and "bars" when putting the aluminum case on and off in a marginal signal area (my basement).

I haven't tried the magnesium, 'cause I hate the bulk and form.

Using a Speck skin case now, with a Vaja I-volution on order.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I too have stayed away from metal cases for this reason. Aldamon's statement above is the very first I have heard that says he doesn't get lower reception.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I don't live in or go to any fringe areas so that's probably why. The Sprint signal is strong here.
    I used a Vaja knock off that works sweet!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    And why is this in this forum, and not the "Accessories" forum?

I don't see how opening the front of the case would help. As understand it, some of the radiating element is extended into the phone below the antenna, which would be the right side when viewed from the back.

Personally I keep using my Innopocket, if I drop it, I know it's more likely safe than naked. Too slippery naked anyway. Even if I put the rubber grippy things on it, I'd lose the hard protection and the handstrap I have looped around the Innopocket on the left side above the buttons.

Call me a wimp if you want, but I prefer to not drop my Treo, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I used a Vaja knock off that works sweet!
    Err...you gotta link for that?? Vaja knock off sounds like the first possible case I'd consider. Everything else has way to many downsides...vaja's is the price. Gimme a CHEAP vaja case, and I'm sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    And why is this in this forum, and not the "Accessories" forum?
    It'll get there soon enough.

Personally I keep using my Innopocket, if I drop it, I know it's more likely safe than naked. Too slippery naked anyway. Even if I put the rubber grippy things on it, I'd lose the hard protection and the handstrap I have looped around the Innopocket on the left side above the buttons.
    I want to try the Pacific Rim case....but these reception issues sound crappy to me!

Call me a wimp if you want, but I prefer to not drop my Treo, ever.
    OK...you're a wimp! But I want to be a wimp, I just haven't found the right price/product to be wimpy.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I want to try the Pacific Rim case....but these reception issues sound crappy to me!
    I personally don't think it's an issue.. Not that I can tell anyway. Sitting on my desk at work I see 1-2 bars with or without the case. I get 'chirpy' audio from callers with or without the case. I can't make a call inside my own house reliably with or without the case.

I think the RF is just weaker on the Treo 650
    I personally don't think it's an issue.. Not that I can tell anyway. Sitting on my desk at work I see 1-2 bars with or without the case. I get 'chirpy' audio from callers with or without the case. I can't make a call inside my own house reliably with or without the case.

I think the RF is just weaker on the Treo 650
    Than.....what??

A 600?? The difference in RF from a 300 to 600 was incredible. I honestly can't notice a difference between 600 and 650, but others seem to think the 650's RF isn't as strong as I initially thought.

I dunno, though. I'm prolly just going to go caseless for a lil' while longer until I find a case in person that I like (probably only the Pac Rim or vaja knock off cases would suffice....maybe anti-skid tub stribs if I could find some!!)
    My 650 RF is as strong or stronger than my T608 which rocked.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Err...you gotta link for that?? Vaja knock off sounds like the first possible case I'd consider. Everything else has way to many downsides...vaja's is the price. Gimme a CHEAP vaja case, and I'm sold!
    Ebay Link
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    WELL....how do you like it, Shawn?? Is it of decent quality?? Any dislikes??

Gracias for the links/info, senor!
    I use the sedio cradle holster (load from the bottom, remove from the top) and egrips (black) to make the phone stay where I put it, including my hand. No reception issues other than the Cingular deadspots that I didn't have with Sprint.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast