Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Debating between the two, for everyday picture viewing
    I personally think that Acidimage has a lot better pics, and is less cumbersome. Resco seems cluttered and too complicated for a simple task like picture viewing.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I don't know if Resco does it, but the image-send feature on AI Pro is killer. The batch processing before E-mailing/sending is awesome if you're trying to send a bunch of 640x480 pictures. I usually drop all pictures to 320 or 160 before E-mailing and it's all automated and doesn't touch the original pictures.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I like the transitions and editing features in Resco. Won't be doing too much picture swapping. Acidbasic is about half the price of Resco though.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I think Resco has animated gif file support but then AI said they are planning to have it in their next update.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I'm facing this decision. I only need the fax viewing capabilitites. Niether have been updated lately. I hate to purchase and then need to buy an update right away. Any more thoughts.
    If you're using eFax - switch to .pdf files and use PalmPDF - it's free (but make a donation if you like it).

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...reeware/Other/
    Thanks I'm using Fax1.com Maybe I should switch to efax. I have the new docs to go premium with native pdf support.

Mostly I use it to view documents faxed to my Small Business Server which then emails me a copy. Tiff is the file format.
    Ok I have tried both. When I try viewing a tiff image with Resco I scroll to it with the file browser and the icon looks like a green clock for a second and then it turns red with a white x through it? If I try to open it a message box says FAX: Bad image OK. Is this a limitation of the trial vs. of Resco? Some things I have tried are: Uninstalling Acid Image Pro, Deleting all fax images from card, clearing chatters downloads using clearattc, loading different fax attachments, etc.

Also whenever, I recieve an email with a fax attachment in Chatter it asks if I wan't to open it with Resco and when I choose ok it appears to process it and then kicks me to my first email message (not the one with the fax attachment).

I guess I could just go with Acid Image Pro since it works but I'd like to view a fax with Resco before I decide.
    I have used Acid Image Pro with efax for a while now. It has been reliable and problem free for me. It is also easy to zoom, rotate, pan, etc. with the tiff files I receive. It's expensive, though.

I haven't tried Resco so I can't compare the two.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Resco viewer for me! :

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions