Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I used to use a Pocket PC phone that allowed me to connect external speakers to the 2.5 jack to listen to music but when a call came in the Bluetooth headset would handle the call.

    I have moved to a Treo 650 through work and want to do the same, is there any way I can do this? It appears that all audio is sent to the 2.5 jack even phone calls.
  2. #2  
    I believe I read that it is not possible, as you suspected.
  3. #3  
    I have a Treo 650 and a Sony/Ericsson HBH-660 and it handles music fine. I have installed a ProClipUSA cradle in my car and routed a stereo line to the cd-changer interface in the trunk.

    Placing or receiving calls while playing music via Realplayer works perfectly - it pauses the music during the call and resumes it afterward. pTunes doesn't work quite as well - it only nicely pauses & restarts the music if I initiate the call. If I receive a call the music pauses but does not restart automatically after the call ends.

    Sometimes if there is a short delay for the bluetooth headset to pick up the connection a portion of the ring sound will go through the car speakers, but that is all.
  4. #4  
    So are you saying that you don't have to unplug the audio out, it just goes directly to your bluetooth headset? I have yet to get that to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcrooker
    I have a Treo 650 and a Sony/Ericsson HBH-660 and it handles music fine. I have installed a ProClipUSA cradle in my car and routed a stereo line to the cd-changer interface in the trunk.

    Placing or receiving calls while playing music via Realplayer works perfectly - it pauses the music during the call and resumes it afterward. pTunes doesn't work quite as well - it only nicely pauses & restarts the music if I initiate the call. If I receive a call the music pauses but does not restart automatically after the call ends.

    Sometimes if there is a short delay for the bluetooth headset to pick up the connection a portion of the ring sound will go through the car speakers, but that is all.
  5. #5  
    I listen to mp3's in my truck by using a cassette adapter. When a call comes in I press the button on my bluetooth headset and it takes over with no problem. I hang up and can resume the mp3.
  6. #6  
    johnh59 I'm pretty much doing the same and have yet to experience any problems...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    I have experimented a bit following the replies, I use the treo wireless headset and it seems to take an age to indicate to the headset there is a call then refuses to connect the call.

    anybody want to swap a treo headset for a sony hbh660

    So anybody using the treo headset in this way?
    Last edited by srhodes21; 07/13/2005 at 12:27 PM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I listen to mp3's in my truck by using a cassette adapter. When a call comes in I press the button on my bluetooth headset and it takes over with no problem. I hang up and can resume the mp3.

    WHAT!?!? THAT'S CRAZY, DUDE!! There are so many good ideas floating around here...I can't believe more people don't mention stuff like that! WOW...this post just made my day!! Thanks John!!

    Holy crap, I can't get over how good of an idea that is!!

    Wait a second...yea I can, I don't have a cassette player. CRAP...I wish I wouldn't have gotten that damn CD player or accidentally cut the wire to my antenna. CRAP...this post makes me feel like sheet!
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/13/2005 at 01:55 PM.
  9. #9  
    just get an fm transmitter and it should be the same result..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    just get an fm transmitter and it should be the same result..
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    CRAP...I wish I wouldn't have gotten that damn CD player or accidentally cut the wire to my antenna. CRAP...this post makes me feel like sheet!
    I guess maybe if the FM transmitter is right next to the CD player, it should still work, eh?? Will have to borrow a friends....if it does...WOO HOO!! Otherwise, I'm gonna have to shoot myself for cutting that wire too short!
  11. #11  
    you'll be surprised with the distance you get out of them.. it should be in the line of sight but doesn't need to be duck taped to the stereo.. lol..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  12. #12  
    I've tried certain ones before with portable cd players, for example....but they sounded scratchy to me. I'll have to borrow my girlfriend's iTrip tonight and test how well it works.

    Boy oh boy, I think this could be 10 times more useful than bluetooth gps, bluetooth headsets, and most anything bluetooth for me really...excluding DUN.

    Dang I can't believe I didn't think of this myself!!

    Thanks for the tips, guys!!
  13. #13  
    I was on the train with 4 friends and I had the fm transmitter with me linked to my friends walkman streaming via ptunes and all 4 of them were able to tune in to the station and listen to the stream.. which was really cool...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  14. #14  
    I'm having the same problem with the phone call not being routed to my hbh-660. I play music with ptunes through my car using a sony cassette adapter. When a call comes in I have to unplug my adapter before I answer otherwise my bt headset won't respond. Same goes for making calls - any initiated call still goes through my car speakers instead of my headset. Anybody know a way around this?
  15. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #15  
    I've been looking for a solution to the same problem. The only thing I have uncovered is that with Sprint Treo 650s, it works. With GSM Treo 650s it does not work. What I would like to know is if this has to do with the firmware upgrade, or is somehow unique to the CDMA version and always will be. I am on Cingular, but I wonder if someone with an unlocked GSM 650 who has upgraded to the latest firmware still has that same problem.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    I've been looking for a solution to the same problem. The only thing I have uncovered is that with Sprint Treo 650s, it works. With GSM Treo 650s it does not work. What I would like to know is if this has to do with the firmware upgrade, or is somehow unique to the CDMA version and always will be. I am on Cingular, but I wonder if someone with an unlocked GSM 650 who has upgraded to the latest firmware still has that same problem.
    I have a SPCS 650 with Sony HBH660 and Sony cassette adapter, and it has ALWAYS worked for me irregardless of firmware. It worked with 1.03, 1.08, and now 1.12. Just a general FYI....I don't know a thing about GSM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  17. #17  
    same here spcs 650 and have never had a problem regardless of fw...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    I've been looking for a solution to the same problem. The only thing I have uncovered is that with Sprint Treo 650s, it works. With GSM Treo 650s it does not work. What I would like to know is if this has to do with the firmware upgrade, or is somehow unique to the CDMA version and always will be. I am on Cingular, but I wonder if someone with an unlocked GSM 650 who has upgraded to the latest firmware still has that same problem.
    I am running the new firmware 1.28 on an unlocked Treo 650 on Tmo.
  19. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #19  
    So we know now that GSM Treo 650s default to wired headsets over bluetooth headsets when there is a headset (or anything else) plugged into the jack, but Sprint 650s don't. And that it doesn't have to do with the firmware. So unfortunately, it sounds like what we would really need is for someone to write a program or fix a ROM to solve this problem. Anyone interested?

Posting Permissions