Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I gotta bump this thread. I'm at a dead end in this.

Edited to add, can we include the 600 regarding this thread topic? Thanks.
    Transfer files from TiVo to PC, use eTiVo to remove the DRM by converting the files from .tivo to .mpg, then use Nero Recode to shrink the files down for the Treo. It's REALLY that simple.

[edit]Try this site for some informative help: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/ttg.htm [/edit]
    Last edited by URPREY; 09/08/2005 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    Transfer files from TiVo to PC, use eTiVo to remove the DRM by converting the files from .tivo to .mpg, then use Nero Recode to shrink the files down for the Treo. It's REALLY that simple.

[edit]Try this site for some informative help: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/ttg.htm [/edit]
    Thanks for your input and the link. I had read the zatz page prior and found some help. I believe etivo requires MfsFtp hack installed and running on the TiVO which I'm unwilling to do until I get out of warranty. After that I'll rip the thing apart.

I did return to the process last night and tried DirectShow Dump again. Then dropped that .mpg into Kinoma and the resulting file played well in Kinoma. I think the first .tivo show I played with did not have a good dump or something.

Should hold me over until the warranty expires.

edited to add: Also, I have a 600 which doesn't have the videeo player the 650 does. Thus the Kinoma player.
    Last edited by daThomas; 09/09/2005 at 11:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I gotta bump this thread. I'm at a dead end in this.

Edited to add, can we include the 600 regarding this thread topic? Thanks.
    Have you tried any other players on the 600?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Sorry for the confusion. eTiVo does the conversion automatically, but I use DirectShow Dump also. No need to hack anything. I just have a 'small' 300 GB drive in mine

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Have you tried any other players on the 600?
    I Tried the MMPlayer briefly but since the Kinoma Producer handles getting big video files down for Palm play I purchased it.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    I just have a 'small' 300 GB drive in mine
    NICE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12