1.    #1  
    Hi,

The cingular treo 650 manual suggests that I can associate different ringtones for different phone numbers. So that i can tell by the ringtone who is calling.
    But I didnt see those options on my phone itself.

Is that something which has been disabled by cingular? any way to work around it ?

Thanks.
    I found a program called Ringo Pro that allows you to do just that (and more)... I just googled it to find a site that has a free trial and then googled the program to find an unlock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssidellq
    I found a program called Ringo Pro that allows you to do just that (and more)... I just googled it to find a site that has a free trial and then googled the program to find an unlock code.
    I hope this is a banning offense, suggesting someone hack a commercial program. You're a ****** for suggesting it.

Plus you're a ****** for suggesting Ringo, it sucks.
    Oddly enough, to do this with the built-in software, you go over into the Phone app, and create a speed dial button for the person you want a distinct ringtone for. One of the fields when editing the button lets you set a ringtone for that number.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phlidwsn
    Oddly enough, to do this with the built-in software, you go over into the Phone app, and create a speed dial button for the person you want a distinct ringtone for. One of the fields when editing the button lets you set a ringtone for that number.
    That's a great tip.

Ringo Pro costs $30. Not cool. The above is a great workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I hope this is a banning offense, suggesting someone hack a commercial program. You're a ****** for suggesting it.
    Yup, that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Plus you're a ****** for suggesting Ringo, it sucks.
    HAHAHAHA!! I just tried LightWav the other day...best feature is that it can play a sound when the phone call is disconnected, so if the other party's cell phone accidentally drops service, you'll know before you finish your 4 minute monologue or he/she calls you back....PLUS, it's only $20!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks all. Its been a big help.
    I tried that and it worked for the built in sounds but not for a sound I recorded myself with the Treo...I could assign that 'ringtone' but it made no sound.
    Cingular Treo - upgraded to FW 1.28/SW Treo650-1.13-ROW Apple Powerbook running Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat
    I tried that and it worked for the built in sounds but not for a sound I recorded myself with the Treo...I could assign that 'ringtone' but it made no sound.
    Its a known bug with the phone app. It will play MIDI ringtones, but any AMR ringtones you import or record yourself won't work as individual ringtones, only as systemwide ones. Good luck on getting Palm to actually fix it.