Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    CAN WE HAVE TWO THREADS FOR TOMTOM? 1. For Install Issues and 2. For where to find it in stock?

I am trying to find it in stock and I can't seem to look through all of the install issues on the threads.

Any idea on where to get the most accessories and best bluetooth receiver and the Navigator 5 software all in stock?
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    meeee toooo
    have you tried Google....works every time

www.tigergps.com
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Googled my eyes out last night.

Tigergps.com = pre-order only on software bundle.
    I think that means it is not in stock.......
    The problem is that TomTom Navigator 5 is being delayed (some orders have gotten through, but it seems to be delayed for some reason and isn't even listed as available yet on the website - www.tomtom.com). Meanwhile, the stock of TomTom Navigator 2004 has been depleted. I think the best you can do right now is preorder and wait for the release of TomTom Navigator 5.
    I think some orders were filled for the complete set, and then they delayed all of them. I was lucky to get Nav 5 right before my trip to Europe. It works great, but there is an error in hotsync, that I am not sure what is happening but with all the maps I have loaded, creates an ugly list of log errors.. I don't really notice it affecting it's any portion of it's use or any other issue related to everything I am using the Treo for. As of today, I have logged 2160 miles in Germany, Switzerland, France, Monaco and Austria in three weeks, using Tom Tom every mile of the way. It is wonderful! I got mine directly from TT but it took a lot of begging and an act from God.
    I got mine from Adventure GPS....dont have the link handy, but if you look in the original thread I posted it a week ago.

BTW- TT5 is awesome, as good as my $1500 Garmin Street Pilot 2610, only fits in my pocket
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    i still dont understand: which gps receiver comes with the TT-5 package when it is pre-bundled? is this the best receiver to get? For examples, TigerGPS sells it pre-packaged, and the GPS receiver says 'tomtom'. is this not the correct one to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockoffer
    i still dont understand: which gps receiver comes with the TT-5 package when it is pre-bundled? is this the best receiver to get? For examples, TigerGPS sells it pre-packaged, and the GPS receiver says 'tomtom'. is this not the correct one to get?

Thats what I have....works great!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    my question was is it better to get the TT5 with the BT338 receiver as the battery is bigger (longer time) than the receiver included in the Tomtom package?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockoffer
    my question was is it better to get the TT5 with the BT338 receiver as the battery is bigger (longer time) than the receiver included in the Tomtom package?
    I cant answer that, but I can tell you the battery life is pretty decent with the TT5 unit. I charged mine the day it arrived (Friday July 8th) and have been using it at least once or twice a day (mostly short drives in town, but one trip was 3 hours rt) and am still on the ORIGINAL charge.

Now if you used it all day long I dont know how long you will actully get (TT says 1 day)...but if you were using this for that long wouldnt you use the car charger anyway?

I am impressed with the TT unit....I also own a Garmin SP2610 and a 60CS. I have been using Garmin units for over 5 years and this is right up there with them.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    I just ordered mine from tiger gps they say they have them
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    I just ordered mine from tiger gps they say they have them
    Funny cause I just called them and was told they were suposed to be coming in today but their UPS shipment was delayed. The person I spoke to said they should be in tomorrow. I'm going to call back tomorrow and order if they're in. I don't want to order only to find out they don't have them.

Who'd you speak to?
    stupid me didn't call and They didn't ship it today so now I wait
    I placed an order online with tigergps when the site said it was in stock. Didn't ship. Called a few days later, site had been updated to say "shipping in 2-3 days"; they tell me they're supposed to be getting more in the next day. Week goes by. Still hasn't shipped. Check my credit card online and they'd already charged my card even though they didn't have the %*&%* product in the warehouse! Called up; still not in stock, supposed to be coming any day. Cancelled the order and got the last one from adventuregps. To Tiger's credit they: (1) answered the phone right away every time; and (2) credited back my cc right away. Still, I've never had an online retailer charge my cc until the product ships and that left a real bad taste in my mouth.
    I just talked to Derek at Tiger GPS.

Very helpful. He assured me they are in stock now. I ordered one. He said it might not get out today but would be sent out Monday at the latest. I can live with that. Either way he said I should have it on Tuesday. I can get a full refund if it doesn't happen too.