1.    #1  
    jus changed to v 2.86
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Changes in VeriChat 2.86b

1. Features

* New Alert System with greater flexibility for OS5 devices.

2. Bugs Fixed

* Always-on mode on Verizon with the Treo 650 in some markets.
    * Background mode crash bug on Treo 650.
    * Battery life improvements on Treo 650.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Bugs introduced:

1. Frequent and annoying restarts.
    the new version is more complicated!
    Ever since I did this Verichat update, everythime my phone resets by itself (not a soft reset initiated by me), I loose all of my custom categories of my apps in zLauncher... what up with dat?
    Dunno... but I vote for fixing the problem and not worrying so much about the symptoms. :-) I've had one restart --just as a answered a phone all on my BT headset -- so far since reinstalling VeriChat 2.86b, but I can't attribute it directly to VC because I wasn't looking at the phone when it happened. #*377 was equally unhelpful reporting a fatal error in Unknown.

When is Cobalt launching for GA? I want to stop running Windows 3.11 on my Treo and get something with memory protection!
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Bugs introduced:

1. Frequent and annoying restarts.
    This is the main reason I dont jump on an upgrade as soon as one become available. I like my 650 running just the way it is.....falling in line with "if it aint broke dont fix it."

Just a suggestion, but I am thinking that in order to avoid the resets, it may be necessary with this upgrade to remove previous versions first; thats if you have a previous version.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    This is the main reason I dont jump on an upgrade as soon as one become available. I like my 650 running just the way it is.....falling in line with "if it aint broke dont fix it."

Just a suggestion, but I am thinking that in order to avoid the resets, it may be necessary with this upgrade to remove previous versions first; thats if you have a previous version.
    I did the update via the phone and am having no issues. Installed over the existing version.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner