Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone used the new Intellisync Express service? It works on the treo and is supposed to bring full, constant, wireless sync from Exchange to the device.

    http://www.intellisync.com/pages/_ut...mail/index.cfm

    I'm getting it installed tomorrow, and just wanted to see if anyone out there could tell me how well/bad it works!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR
    Has anyone used the new Intellisync Express service? It works on the treo and is supposed to bring full, constant, wireless sync from Exchange to the device.

    http://www.intellisync.com/pages/_ut...mail/index.cfm

    I'm getting it installed tomorrow, and just wanted to see if anyone out there could tell me how well/bad it works!
    Please let us know. I'm anxious to try it too. I really hope it alerts via the LED like Chatter does, something Seven/BizConn/XpressMail don't do.
  3. #3  
    hmmm me also!
  4. #4  
    I am using the service and I think it is great. It does not alert via LED (at least as far as I can tell so far). It does vibrate and play a tone.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by quagsire
    I am using the service and I think it is great. It does not alert via LED (at least as far as I can tell so far). It does vibrate and play a tone.
    Does it sync all outlook items for exchange?

    Calender, email, contacts, tasks, notes?

    Can you use your own PIM manager?

    Since Intellisync desktop version allows for mapping fields from outlook to the PIM on the treo, does it still have that option?

    Is it push information? Change a contact, task, calender, etc and it changes on the exchange server etc?

    Push Email?

    Thanks for putting up with the questions....
  6. #6  
    I'm having trouble pinning this down - does this service require a "behind the firewall" redirector for access to MS Exchange? Their website speaks much of easy installation without IT, however it's a bit light on technical details. The downloadable brochure shows a diagram that rather clearly indicates that such a redirector is required for access to Exchange (or Notes).

    Since I take my redirector (laptop) with me out in the field, such a solution wouldn't really work (at least not for me, though it does sound like a great service).
  7.    #7  
    I'll give a report once I get it working, but from what I gather it does require a redirector. This could either be loaded at the server level or on a desktop computer - must be always on.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
    Does it sync all outlook items for exchange?

    Calender, email, contacts, tasks, notes?

    Can you use your own PIM manager?

    Since Intellisync desktop version allows for mapping fields from outlook to the PIM on the treo, does it still have that option?

    Is it push information? Change a contact, task, calender, etc and it changes on the exchange server etc?

    Push Email?

    Thanks for putting up with the questions....
    Yes, it Syncs Calendar, email, contacts, tasks and notes.

    I don't see anywhere that you can map fields.

    I am not sure what you mean by own PIM manager. If you mean programs like agendus then yes... the program syncs to the native Treo databases not to some special intellisync databases.

    ...and yes everything is push. I make a change on my desktop, or on my treo, and it shows up pretty quickly on the other.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I'm having trouble pinning this down - does this service require a "behind the firewall" redirector for access to MS Exchange? Their website speaks much of easy installation without IT, however it's a bit light on technical details. The downloadable brochure shows a diagram that rather clearly indicates that such a redirector is required for access to Exchange (or Notes).

    Since I take my redirector (laptop) with me out in the field, such a solution wouldn't really work (at least not for me, though it does sound like a great service).
    Yes it does require a redirector. We are using the workgroup edition at my company which is like a BES in that it is loaded on a central server and pushes out to all our registered users.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by quagsire
    Yes it does require a redirector. We are using the workgroup edition at my company which is like a BES in that it is loaded on a central server and pushes out to all our registered users.

    Ahhhh well there goes that for me

    Thanks for making that clear.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by quagsire
    I am using the service and I think it is great. It does not alert via LED (at least as far as I can tell so far). It does vibrate and play a tone.
    Does it support Attachment creation at the device level?
  12. #12  
    I don't see any way to attach docs. You can recieve attachments with no problem.
  13. #13  
    So sounds like Intellisync product is no better than Seven, which is free.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    So sounds like Intellisync product is no better than Seven, which is free.
    Pretty much... with a couple of possibly important exceptions: Intellisync syncs to the native Palm PIM databases, it has support for several client platforms, it seems to support all PIM data (including memos) and is carrier independant.

    ... but is that worth $120 or $240/year and a two year contract? I'm not sure.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
    Ahhhh well there goes that for me

    Thanks for making that clear.
    But I think the Workgroup Version of Wireless Sync is a fundamentally different product from Intellisync Express. My understanding is that Express does NOT require a redirector at the company location.

    Why not just send an email to Intellisync and go right to the source?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    But I think the Workgroup Version of Wireless Sync is a fundamentally different product from Intellisync Express. My understanding is that Express does NOT require a redirector at the company location.

    Why not just send an email to Intellisync and go right to the source?
    Just got off the phone with them... Wireless E-Mail Express DOES require their software be installed behind the firewall either on your server or on a regular PC.
  17. #17  
    This is also the first product that I have used that pushes Calendar, Email, Tasks, and Contacts. It is nice when I update a contact on my desktop and feel my phone vibrate 5 seconds later as it is updated.

    In addition, the email is quite fast. I have chatter and this running at the same time and it is usually 2 seconds behind chatter which is not too bad.

    I have used sprint business connect (which is made by seven) and it can't compare.
  18.    #18  
    I have to say that feature wise, its impressive. Easy of install...another thing. I have been toying with this for 4+ hours and cannot get it to work. First they sent me the wrong setup info. Next, their software wont communicate with my exchange box. I keep getting these errors:


    PC - 07/13/2005 09:41:26 PM - Synchronization started


    Connection Info


    Connection type: Network


    Device name: RUSSEL-LP


    Sync via: Sync (user initiated)


    Bytes in/out: 441/457 (* actual over the air count may be higher)


    Duration: 01:06


    Email Accelerator


    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) M:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIFields.cpp 9199 7/13/2005 9:42:40 PM


    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) M:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\OutlookOptions.cpp 427 7/13/2005 9:42:40 PM


    Error occurred while opening the default MS Outlook folders. Go to the Sync Settings dialog and press Settings next to Outlook.


    Error occurred while preparing for first synchronization


    Hive393
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR
    I have to say that feature wise, its impressive. Easy of install...another thing. I have been toying with this for 4+ hours and cannot get it to work. First they sent me the wrong setup info. Next, their software wont communicate with my exchange box. I keep getting these errors:


    PC - 07/13/2005 09:41:26 PM - Synchronization started


    Connection Info


    Connection type: Network


    Device name: RUSSEL-LP


    Sync via: Sync (user initiated)


    Bytes in/out: 441/457 (* actual over the air count may be higher)


    Duration: 01:06


    Email Accelerator


    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) M:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIFields.cpp 9199 7/13/2005 9:42:40 PM


    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) M:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\OutlookOptions.cpp 427 7/13/2005 9:42:40 PM


    Error occurred while opening the default MS Outlook folders. Go to the Sync Settings dialog and press Settings next to Outlook.


    Error occurred while preparing for first synchronization


    Hive393
    Open Outlook on the PC where you have the redirector and connect to your account. Go into each PIM database/folder (Calendar, contacts, tasks, inbox, etc) and then try again, should work this time.

    Good Luck,
    Rory
  20.    #20  
    Nope, no go. :-(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions