1.    #1  
    I've got the trial for ZLauncher mainly b/c I would like to free up some RAM (I am running Goodlink for my work email...lots O Ram there). I am trying to move applications to my card so that I can run them from my card and free up RAM. I've tried moving Pocket Express to my card, and everytime I try to run it, I get the same message that it has to be on the RAM for it to run. What am I missing? I've read the manual, and I confess, it doesn't do much for me (probably b/c I am computer illiterate at times). I just don't get it. I mean, I can run MMPlayer from my card, but not Pocket Express?

One more thing....has anyone tried running Goodlink from their SD Card????? And what applications CAN I move to my SD Card?
    Apps that need to sync with your PC or access the internet when syncing usually need to be in RAM. Some apps give you the option of installing on the SD card when you install them. Sometimes you just have to experiment.
    Games will usually work ok from the card.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Some of express will run from the card. I don't have it anymore so I can't tell you what to move over. I know it is in a thread here somewhere. If no one else tells you what you can move try searching for it.

I usually just move an app and its related database with zlauncher and then try to run it. No harm done if it won't run. Just move it back over to RAM and try the next one.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Use the "move to card" feature to move them to ram. What this will do is create a shortcut to the program that stays in ram and when you run the program zlauncher will copy the files over to the ram so that the program actually does run from treo itself.

Then when you are done any new files created or files that have been modified are copied back over to the card and the others are just deleted so that they don't take up any space on the Treo.

This works really well for picky apps like docs to go and several others.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Apps that need to sync with your PC or access the internet when syncing usually need to be in RAM. Some apps give you the option of installing on the SD card when you install them. Sometimes you just have to experiment.
    Games will usually work ok from the card.
    Zane
    If you have apps with this problem, then just move the application to the card and leave the box unchecked for moving the associated databases.
    Pocketbooks and Trackerdog are like that on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary22
    One more thing....has anyone tried running Goodlink from their SD Card????? And what applications CAN I move to my SD Card?
    GoodLink can't be run from the SD card.