Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFrogs
    Thanks. I appreciate you trying to save me money! Again, with my corporate paying for the monthly service, I am more concerned with getting the best reception, email, and service without losing my #.
    Then I woud go with Verizon's National plan. I just went from Florida to Michigan and had a signal most of the way except for a few places in the boondocks.

d
    Yeah, but if I buy a Verizon Treo at $399 (2 yr) and my company pays for it, then the $200 rebate I can use to offset my $175 ETF. Just fortunate that my company has agreed to pay for it.

Thanks. I appreciate you trying to save me money! Again, with my corporate paying for the monthly service, I am more concerned with getting the best reception, email, and service without losing my #.
    Ahh...the benefits of having a good job. I'd probably pick Verizon too, but I don't think you're going to get a $200...last time I checked it was only $150 (but close enough to $175).
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRexer
    That $5 roaming option doesn't always work. You mentioned that in another thread. In my case I tried Sprint with their roaming option and at my house the phone dropped back to analog roaming and barely had a signal at that. The exact same model phone from Verizon was in digital mode at my house with 5 bars of service the following day. Just an FYI
    Just outta curiousity, what phone do you have and where are you from?

Personally, I haven't used the option because I've never needed to. I prolly would have paid the extra $5/mo when I initially signed up with Sprint. But in my area (Gulf Coast Mississippi), they don't allow up to half of your minutes on roaming...it's only up to 50 minutes. I live in one of the only markets in the country that doesn't allow you to go up to half...but, I'm kinda glad otherwise I'd be paying an extra $60/yr.
    I'm in Michigan and the phone was a Samsung a650 which is our 2nd line for my wife. I was using it as a means to test out the service in my area before jumping to the Treo. Regardless the point is that Verizon has excellent digital coverage in my area and the Sprint phone couldn't connect to that Verizon digital signal. If it happens here at my house it must happen elsewhere too. For some (many) of us having a signal is far more important than the cost of the service. In the past I've paid up to $800 a month for my cellular service with my average phone bill (10 years ago) being $600. For me another $50 to have better coverage is a no brainer.
    I have nothing bad at all to say about Verizon in Michigan. Any time I've had an issue they've always been quick to fix it, no questions asked. My 650 rocks!
    Thanks Rick, any chance that camp is Luracrest?
    Camp Judea
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12