1.    #1  
    I'm trying to use Exchange Activesync on my Sprint Treo 650. I've installed Mergic VPN and can connect successfully to my corporate VPN.

I then launch Versamail and create a new activesync email account. I put in all of the required mail server setup information, then try to Test the Connection. It starts the "Communication Check," and then I get the following error:

AirSAMStateMachine.c 435 4

Can anyone help me with this problem? I really need to get my Outlook email working on my 650.

Thanks!
    Dave
  2.    #2  
    Can anyone help with this? Being a Sprint customer, I can't imagine getting any technical help from Sprint. Clearly, I should be getting help from Palm since Versamail is their software, but there seems to be no way to get support from Palm....help!
    I had the same problem and I had to configure the IIS server to allow port 443 on the default website.

After that I had to configure an SSL certificate for the server and that solveed the problem.

Paul
    Hi,

I am a user seeing the same error message. I understand the IIS server part and can ask my IT guys to do that... but how do I use certificates on the Palm device? Not sure what to do there...

Thanks,

Michael
    Treo650 (SprintPCS)
    Hey, this thread is just what I'm having trouble with too.

It looks like Veramail is connecting, but then I get the AirSAMStateMachine.c 435 4 error message.

Where am I going wrong? Do I have to install the program Mergic VPN in order to get mail from my companys Echange Server?

If so, do I need to run the VPN and then Versamail?

I was wanting to have Versamail check my messages every 15 minutes or so, Is this possible?

What is an IIS?

Thanks for any help!

Will
    This an old thread, but you never know who might be reading.

Manage about 10 Treo 650/700w/700p/Moto Q's. This error appears on a Treo 650 that's been working for at least 18 months.
    1. Software reset did nothing
    2. Tested that Internet/web was working on phone - success
    3. Tested that phone calling was working on phone - success
    4. Checked phone IP address against company firewall/block list - not listed
    5. Deleted Versamail Active Sync (AS) account and recreated it - Presto!

Steps to remove and recreate AS account:
    1. Open Versamail Account Setup
    2. Create new dummy account with default name and any connection/service type
    3. Enter bogus info for everything and save
    4. Go back to Versamail account setup and delete original AS account
    5. Create new Versamail account using AS
    6. Go back to Versamail account setup and delete bogus account

Hope that works for you.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I don't know who you are buddy, but I could kiss you right now!!! This trick worked like a charm! I spent like 8 hrs last night trying to get my activesync to work again. How did you even come up with this idea???

Quote Originally Posted by bigbellyfoo View Post
    This an old thread, but you never know who might be reading.

Manage about 10 Treo 650/700w/700p/Moto Q's. This error appears on a Treo 650 that's been working for at least 18 months.
    1. Software reset did nothing
    2. Tested that Internet/web was working on phone - success
    3. Tested that phone calling was working on phone - success
    4. Checked phone IP address against company firewall/block list - not listed
    5. Deleted Versamail Active Sync (AS) account and recreated it - Presto!

Steps to remove and recreate AS account:
    1. Open Versamail Account Setup
    2. Create new dummy account with default name and any connection/service type
    3. Enter bogus info for everything and save
    4. Go back to Versamail account setup and delete original AS account
    5. Create new Versamail account using AS
    6. Go back to Versamail account setup and delete bogus account

Hope that works for you.
    I have an error that says AirSAMState Machine.c 435 3 error. Treo650, the error is replicated on all treo users of this model. I updated my certs on my exchange server in order to add the treo 700wx's. Now none of them work.

Any ideas?