1.    #1  
    I am new to the Palm platform. My company has embraced the Treo and if I want to enjoy the advantages of wireless access to my email I have to leave my PocketPC behind. The thing that has surprised me the most thus far is the lack of ability to manage the meager amount of memory on the Treo. I have read though several threads and now know that it is not just my unfamiliarity with the platform but apparently a true short coming of the Treo.

All this being said I would like advice on memory management. I need a way to install/move applications to my SD card. I have researched ZLauncher but am not attracted my its complexity or cluttered desktop. I would like a simple to use utility that simply allows for installing/moving/running applications from SD, and Id like it to work too. To make my memory management worse I have to run GoodLink which, as I understand, will not run at all from SD.

Can anyone help? The Treo has a ton of potential and if I can load just a few of the applications I used to use regularly on my PocketPC I think I could become a believer in the platform.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    PowerRun.
    PowerRun is simple and straight forward. Creates shortcuts on Treo to access apps and data on SD card.
    Give it a go.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Where does one get PowerRun?
    You can also use Linkstart that does the same thing as Powerrun. You can easily use any search engine to find this program.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_keller
    Can anyone help? The Treo has a ton of potential and if I can load just a few of the applications I used to use regularly on my PocketPC I think I could become a believer in the platform.

Thanks,
    Dave

What apps in particular are you referring to?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #8  
    I think I could get by with:
    - Something to edit word and Excel (I think this is DocumentsToGo but I understand that may not run well of SD so I have to look into an alternative)
    - Audible
    - Laridian (bible program)
    - possible a dial by voice program
    - maybe a game or two though this is optional
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    You can also use Linkstart that does the same thing as Powerrun. You can easily use any search engine to find this program.
    I haven't used Linkstart in a long time. Has the speed improved? When it first came out it was significantly slower than PowerRun. I'd give it a try, but the free version is only at V2.01 and they fixed a "soft-reboot loop" for the 650 in V2.1.

http://www.hexview.com/linkstart/history.txt

Unless that's a typo and V2.01 has the reboot loop fix, I'm not touching the program.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=linkstart
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Of course most launchers have the move to SD card feature. I use Initiate. I tested the speed loading Bejeweled, which is large. PowerRun and Initiate took the same time from start to ready to run.
    So, it you are planning on getting a launcher such as Initiate, LauncherX or Zlauncher, the move to card feature is built in.
    Any benefit to Powerrun if you have a launcher? Still won't allow items to be moved to card that require a conduit.