Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Msafe latest version does not play well with CDMA's most recent ROM. Whenever i try to remote lock my Treo msafe wipes out the device (like a hard reset).... Has anyone experienced this, is there a solution?
    Treoing & Loving it
  2. deanfx's Avatar
    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #2  
    I had a bad experience with msafe and keygaurd+ I had to hard reset.
  3. #3  
    What's different in 3.7 other than causing a hard reset?

    After a quick glance on their website and in the doc, I didn't notice anything. I'm sticking with 3.6 as it's been problem-free on the 600 and now 650 with the 1.08 and 1.12 roms.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Msafe latest version does not play well with CDMA's most recent ROM. Whenever i try to remote lock my Treo msafe wipes out the device (like a hard reset).... Has anyone experienced this, is there a solution?
    My 3.7 is remote locking fine.

    You dont have remote lock password and remote wipe password set with the same password do you?
    -Cal
  5.    #5  
    the passwords are the same, but that should not metter should it, the message to wipe is different than lock.
    Treoing & Loving it
  6. JayL's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #6  
    it says in the docs to make the password different, but you seem to have a point
    Sprint 700p
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    the passwords are the same, but that should not metter should it, the message to wipe is different than lock.
    Only reason I asked is because in the info button it says to make sure that the 2 passwords are not the same. So I assumed that it may cause both to trigger by sending a sms for one or the other.
    -Cal
  8. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #8  
    I tried sending a SMS to test the lock feature. It worked fine but now it locks repeatedly. I don't have the lock option on losing signal checked so this shouldn't be a problem. How can I get a copy of the 3.6 version to see if it works better?
  9. #9  
    Wow, mSafe is erasing all your information...yikes!! I was just thinking about maybe getting this program the other day. Now, I'll have to reconsider.
  10. #10  
    I was evaluating mSafe as well. I called my carrier, Verizon, and they said that when they shut down the phone over the air, it locks all functionality including date books etc. It supposedly becomes a paper weight. Seems to make mSafe irrelevant for phone loss -- my only use for it
  11. #11  
    Oops. Just got a call back from Verizon and they said that their original info was in error. The date book etc. is wide open and they cannot shut it down remotely.
  12. #12  
    Exactly-that's why mSafe and similar apps are useful. Plus, while the radio is on, you can send your own 'remote kill' or 'remote lock' as protection until you get it back.

    BTW, I haven't had any problems at all with mSafe 3.6 or 3.7
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    What's different in 3.7 other than causing a hard reset?

    After a quick glance on their website and in the doc, I didn't notice anything. I'm sticking with 3.6 as it's been problem-free on the 600 and now 650 with the 1.08 and 1.12 roms.
    I was about to buy MSafe for my Sprint Treo 650. Can I get a copy of 3.6 from you?

    In the meantime, I'm trying 3.7. Before I do serious damage to my Treo, a few questions. If I copy my entire SD card to a folder on my desktop and then test the wipe function of MSafe, will I be able to just copy everything back to the SD card and it will be good as new? Has anyone tried doing a wipe of the SD card with this program and a 2gig card?

    By the way, since the code words for lock and wipe are the same "msafe lock" and then your password, if you use the same password for lock and for wipe, you will end up wiping since the program manual says wipe takes precedence if you use the same password for both!

    I also notice that if I am on the start screen for MSafe and want to change my "settings" it asks for my password and if I type it in wrong it brings up a box that says I entered an incorrect password and then says "Hint:" but doesn't show my hint?! It shows my hint if I have locked it and then type in the wrong password.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 08/26/2005 at 06:30 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I was about to buy MSafe for my Sprint Treo 650. Can I get a copy of 3.6 from you?

    In the meantime, I'm trying 3.7. Before I do serious damage to my Treo, a few questions. If I copy my entire SD card to a folder on my desktop and then test the wipe function of MSafe, will I be able to just copy everything back to the SD card and it will be good as new? Has anyone tried doing a wipe of the SD card with this program and a 2gig card?
    Yes, you should be able to do that with no problem. I believe it will just delete the files, not do a complete reformat or something. I can't think of a reason why the size of the card would matter either. If you have an extra card, I'd use that for testing. FWIW, I've been running 3.7 for a few weeks now with no problems at all.
    By the way, since the code words for lock and wipe are the same "msafe lock" and then your password, if you use the same password for lock and for wipe, you will end up wiping since the program manual says wipe takes precedence if you use the same password for both!
    True. You definitely want to use separate passwords.
    I also notice that if I am on the start screen for MSafe and want to change my "settings" it asks for my password and if I type it in wrong it brings up a box that says I entered an incorrect password and then says "Hint:" but doesn't show my hint?! It shows my hint if I have locked it and then type in the wrong password.
    That bug is still there, huh?

Posting Permissions