1.    #1  
    I've been trying to decide on a BT headset and am leaning towards the Logitech Mobile Freedom. I'm trying to confirm that it supports the Handsfree profile on the 650. According to the Logitech website it supports both the Headset and Handsfree, but I saw some comments here that it didn't do all of the things that Palm says it supports with the Handsfree profile. Can anyone clarify? Does it supporting the handsfree profile mean that it supports all the features?

Thanks for your help
  2.    #2  
    bump
    what are these handsfree features? I have tried 10 headsets & it by far the best one
  4.    #4  
    From the Palm website (http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...e=obj(39898)#2)

1 What to expect when using your Treo 650 smartphone with the headsets in this list(Bluetooth Headset and Handsfree supported devices):

• Incoming call alert in the headset
    • Incoming call audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    • Outgoing call audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    • The active call is transferred from your Treo smartphone handset to your headset by pressing the headset button.
    • If the headset allows it, Call Reject is supported. Refer to the headset documentation.
    • If the headset allows it, Redial is supported. Refer to the headset documentation.
    • If the headset allows it, Call Swap is supported. Refer to the headset documentation.
    • Your Treo 650 is capable of advanced calling features such as 3-way calling and conferencing. For reliable and consistent behavior when using these features, we recommended that you always use the user interface on Treo 650. If you are using a Bluetooth wireless headset during such calls, your Treo will route the audio to the headset.
    2 What to expect when using your Treo 650 smartphone with the headsets in this list(Bluetooth Headset (only) devices):
    • Incoming call alert in the headset
    • If the incoming call is picked up on the Treo smartphone handset, the audio is not automatically transferred to the paired headset. You will need to press the headset button.
    • Outgoing call audio is not automatically transferred to the paired headset. Press the headset button to connect.
    • The following feautures are not supported: call reject, redial, call swap
    • Your Treo 650 is capable of advanced calling features such as 3-way calling and conferencing. For reliable and consistent behavior when using these features, we recommended that you always use the user interface on Treo 650. If you are using a Bluetooth wireless headset during such calls, your Treo will route the audio to the headset.
    The Logitech Mobile Freedom and Logitech Mobile Pro both behave as item #1 describes above. The multifunction button the headset will answer a call if one is ringing or hangup if you are in an active call.

# Incoming call alert in the headset
    # Incoming call audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    # Outgoing call audio is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    # The active call is transferred from your Treo smartphone handset to your headset by pressing the headset button.
    this the best headset ever.
    Does the earpiece of the Logitech Mobile Freedom remain secure or does it become loose over time, similar in design to the Sony Ericsson HBH-660? That device has an earpiece which may flip on and off from the device (right or left ear) and over time seems to become loose. Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.
    I have been using, and have been happy with the Freedom headset for a month now. The design of the ear piece makes it stay secure as the product gets older. In fact, it was a little tight when it started, and is getting more comfortable as time goes on.

I don't have a whole bunch to compair it to, but I did own a Motorola 805 prior to this. My Logitec is more secure after a month than the Motorola was out of the box.
    Thank you so much for quick reply. I really appreciate the information. It also looks like from the pictures online that it is to be worn with the earpiece and NOT with the ear gels. The ear gels on the HBH-660 worked but were always falling off. This looks like it would be more comfortable and would not entail the ear gels at all. Thanks again!
    the earpice on the logitech blows the hbh away easily. the hbh sucks
    I really appreciate all the helpful and fast information. I did look at the two Logitech devices and it looks like the only differences between the Mobile Pro and Mobile Freedom are the boom on the Pro, which costs almost double and the "Windstop" feature on the Freedom at almost half the price. From other threads it appears the concensus favors the Freedom for the above reasons. Was that the impression of those using the devices? Thanks again!
    Sound quality is about the same on both. The boom on the LMP edges out the outbound sound quality, but both are better than others on the market. As a point of reference, I work in IT and I was in a data center with full power loud HVAC and servers in the background. The person whom I was speaking with told me to stop yelling into the headset as it was unnecessary and they could hear me fine.

The LMP is a bit more comfortable than the LMF. The LMP has, IMO, a huge charging case, which makes it cumbersome if you are a roadwarrior. The power supply on the LMF is more friendly for a power strip. Not a big deal, but at nearly twice the cost, the LMF is definitely the better buy. For me comfort is worth the cost, so I'm leaning toward the LMP.
    Thank you for your thoughts. Did you consider the Treo 650 Wireless Headset (TWH) prior to going for the LMP or LMF? It seems to get good feedback from this and other forums. However, I like the form factor of the LMP and worry about how loose the TWH may feel on my ear and would prefer to not go back to eargels.
    I use the Logitech Mobile Pro and it is works well for me. I have hearing aids and it is one of the only ones that will lightly rest on my hearing aid without creating feedback. The only thing I would caution you on is the boom mic...treat it carefully, because it WILL break off. The guy I bought mine from said it was his second one because he had accidentally pushed a little too hard on it, but Logitech ended up warrantying it anyways. Plus I like the charger/case for the Mobile Pro...it's very sturdy and protective.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I went out and bought the freedom yesterday and it works great! I bought the Jabra 250 when I bought the phone and was extremely dissapointed...I returned it immediately. Thanks to you wonder people on this board, I decided to give it another shot and I'm glad I did. One thing though regarding the Freedom set, has anyone been able to use it for call waiting? I didn't see anything in the instructions, but their web site states that it supports the phone's features. I can't seem to figure it out.