1.    #1  
    Does anyone still have a copy of the 1.08 SPCS Updater? I unfortunately wiped out my zip file archive and wasn't able to recover the file for this Updater -- I've found it useful to hold on to these -- and P1 isn't interested in providing access to the older versions.

If anyone has it, I would very much appreciate it if it could be temporarily made available for download from somewhere, or I could provide an email address to send it too.

Thanks!
    [splicer]
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    Does anyone still have a copy of the 1.08 SPCS Updater? I unfortunately wiped out my zip file archive and wasn't able to recover the file for this Updater -- I've found it useful to hold on to these -- and P1 isn't interested in providing access to the older versions.

If anyone has it, I would very much appreciate it if it could be temporarily made available for download from somewhere, or I could provide an email address to send it too.

Thanks!
    [splicer]
    Yup. PM me your email, I have had some success in emailing to others, as it is a 10mb file. (4 hits, 1 miss)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Yup. PM me your email, I have had some success in emailing to others, as it is a 10mb file. (4 hits, 1 miss)

Cheers, Perry.
    If that won't work then PM me and i'll throw it on my web server and give you a link.

Best,
    Rory
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse
    If that won't work then PM me and i'll throw it on my web server and give you a link.

Best,
    Rory
    Let's try it, splicer's ISP is stripping the zip file out of the email.

Thanks, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, Perry, I forgot about the zip file issue ...

I've had good luck renaming filename.zip to filename.tgz -- it still works with winzip and xp but is allowed to slip past the mail server's scanning.

With Win2k or XP, you have to toggle off the "Hide file extentions" option in Windows Explorer ... Tools->Folder Options->View->Hide file extentions for known file types.

Then you can rename the extention on files ... although windows does complain that the file might become unusable -- just ignore the warning.

Rory: If you would go ahead and put it on your webserver for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again to both of you for helping me with this.
    [splicer]
    Could you post a link to the website. I'd like to go back to 1.08.

I don't use DUN and it seemed more stable.

TIA
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    Thanks, Perry, I forgot about the zip file issue ...

I've had good luck renaming filename.zip to filename.tgz -- it still works with winzip and xp but is allowed to slip past the mail server's scanning.

With Win2k or XP, you have to toggle off the "Hide file extentions" option in Windows Explorer ... Tools->Folder Options->View->Hide file extentions for known file types.

Then you can rename the extention on files ... although windows does complain that the file might become unusable -- just ignore the warning.

Rory: If you would go ahead and put it on your webserver for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again to both of you for helping me with this.
    [splicer]
    I wondered where that toggle was. . . will try again tonight.

Dragonman -- we failed due to size on my attempt to you, right? If, I am wrong -- PM me your email and we will try this rename method.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/13/2005 at 12:47 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Got it! Thanks!
    [splicer]