1.    #1  
    Anybody know of a freeware program for voice dialing on the T650?
    I have tried VoiceLauncher and one other. They both work, but I'm not ready to pay $30 for my phone to do what should have been included in the basic phone.
    Voice Signal is only $19.95 and I am very happy with the quality. It paid for itself for me in the first day.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    $19.95 is not free
    the answer is a definate "no"
    actually...the "voice dialing" app included on the the 650 install cd will revert to a less featured freee version after the trial period. (just remembered)
    Yep, it will voice dial numbers but not contacts.

Regardless, I won't be ponying up for any voice dial software until palm fix the lack of Bluetooth voice dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    $19.95 is not free
    How long did that cat keep his lime-helmet on for you? I laugh everytime I see that picture.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I have a GSM T650, & in the prefs panel there is a 'Handsfree' which is for configuration of your Bluetooth Handsfree device. In there there is an option " Voice Tags: Setup. To record voice tags initiate record from your handsfree device " This looks free?

Has anyone tried to set this up? I don't yet have a headset to try it. Waiting for my free promo unit from Palm :-)
    Does VoiceDial put some hidden file somewhere in Saved Preferences or something that lets it know the trial period has expired? I tried it way back when and haven't used it since it seemed to cause people some trouble after the updates. I'd like to try it again but it says it is expired so I can only use it for numerals and not names. The value to me is in names, since I don't know everyone's numbers by memory. I want to "reset" the trial period and give it a go. Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by jbroberg

Regardless, I won't be ponying up for any voice dial software until palm fix the lack of Bluetooth voice dialing.
    Amen! Not worth it if a BT headset is going to be your main commo mode...
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by jbroberg

There IS an unelegant work-around (at least on Sprint, and it ain't cheap). I currently use VoiceLauncher to dial a number when the bluetooth headset button is pushed. The number I have it set to dial is Sprint VoiceCommand (*), which I then use for voice dialing. Now, VoiceLauncher is free if you use <2 commands (I do) and Sprint VoiceCommand is $5/month (I can also import my contacts into Sprint VoiceCommand fairly easily). So, although I pay a monthly fee, I have achieved, in essence, "BT Voice Dialing". Nonetheless, Palm should really have addressed this by now. It's ridiculous that this functionality is not built-in out of the box.

Sketchy
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver
    Amen! Not worth it if a BT headset is going to be your main commo mode...

It works great for me and I use my BT headset all the time. I press the side button of the Treo 650 for a second, wait for the software prompt asking for a name or number, say the name of the contact into the phone (I hold it like a walkie-talkie and speak into the phone) and am instantly transferred back onto my BT headset when the phone begins to ring. I'm not punching numbers or taking my eyes off the road. I loved it so much, that this was the first piece of software I purchased. I did not even wait for the trial period to end.

John
    Like many here I was one of the first to get the Sprint version of the Treo 650. I paid $449 for the device after my mail in rebate. At that cost a voice dialing add on for $19.95 is ridiculous. I will put $20 towards a booty for the first person to come up with a decent freeware voice dialer, if such a thing is possible. Anyone else?