Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Why would you pay $15 for Resco when ZLauncher is $20 and is an excellent launcher and has an excellent file manager built in?

I use Filez for editing/viewing databases, and updating ZLauncher (exit ZL, move new ZL version to ram, etc)
    Cause I use LauncherX, because I don't care for ZLauncher, because I find Resco to be the best file manager for my uses....and because $5 here and there savings or spending on software is figured into my entertainment budget and saving in this area is a non-priority...

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    I also left a comment on Palmgear. I loaded FileZ 6.8 on my Treo 650 excited to think I didn't have to use the stylus to scroll & change b/w size, creator etc but found no difference at all with 5-way navigator. Perhaps the developer actually compiled or posted the wrong source file into the archive. Wouldn't be the first time.

Casey Cheung. On copy file to the card, have you tried Hitting 'Details' which then shows PC-like attributes. But then on the General tab there is a button 'View Database Details' when you click it goes to the Palm OS attributes - on the Attrs tab you can turn off 'copy Protect' or anything else - should be able to run like normal unless that app does support running from card?
    Hi David,

Yahooooo!! Holy macaroni!! Yes, your instructions work!!! I've been using FileZ for years, but never knew this was possible to uncheck a locked application. I was beginning to think it was impossible. Now I've been able to copy some large apps to the card that were previously locked. This has freed up some considerable megabytes of space on my internal memory. Since I now have a 2GB card, I want to copy as many apps to the card as possible.

You are the man David!! Hero of the day for me!! I've asked this same question before a couple other times, but nobody has ever had the answer until you came along. I've been looking for this answer for a long time.

Much appreciation to you! If I can help you do something in turn, let me know.

Casey
    Casey Happy to Help...

Just back on 5_way in FileZ I got a report back from the Developer after I submitted comment on PalmGear. 6.8.2 version is now out & does now in fact have 5-Way support!! I think he did in fact ake a simple mistake. Now it scrolls down & left right toggles through the various options for the 2nd Column - yippe!!

Version 6.8.2 is out on PalmGear. Hopefully he will continue to expand this so we can actually select a file using 5-way not just scroll. Scrolling through Records, Creator, size etc at the push of a button has certainly sppeded things up though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB
    FileZ easily allows you to edit otherwise opaque databases. For example, I used files to move the annoying Voice Mail favorite from the E/1 key to the V key. I don't see any way to do that in Resco Explorer (admittedly after only 1 day of trying and not RTFMing).

So, can you edit DBs with Resco? If not, then FileZ has the advantage in this area.

-Jeff DLB
    Not sure, but I can see all sorts of settings as well as the internal ROMs. What are the actual names of the things you changed, and I'll tell you if I can see them with Resco.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I think this is poor 5way support, and still no support for the 'builtin' memory (NVFS-memory part) as in v6.7 Beta
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    6.8.2 does fix the complete lack of 5-way support, but I don't think I'd call whats in there "5-way support" until I don't need to pull out my stylus when using FileZ. Certainly a step in the right direction, though. Great app, and hopefully the next few weeks or so will bring full 5-way support.

But I think the developer has kind of backed himself into a corner. There are so many actions and a limited number of buttons, and I think they've focused on the wrong ones.

I could really care less about being able to toggle the info in the right hand column by using left/right. I'd prefer the left/right to scroll down the list of items, so that you don't have to pull out your stylus to select one of them, and then being able to click the center button to go to the details about it.

Up/Down scrolls pages
    Left/Right moves up and down the list of files on that page
    Center button acts as you would expect.

That's what I want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    6.8.2 does fix the complete lack of 5-way support, but I don't think I'd call whats in there "5-way support" until I don't need to pull out my stylus when using FileZ. Certainly a step in the right direction, though. Great app, and hopefully the next few weeks or so will bring full 5-way support.

But I think the developer has kind of backed himself into a corner. There are so many actions and a limited number of buttons, and I think they've focused on the wrong ones.

I could really care less about being able to toggle the info in the right hand column by using left/right. I'd prefer the left/right to scroll down the list of items, so that you don't have to pull out your stylus to select one of them, and then being able to click the center button to go to the details about it.

Up/Down scrolls pages
    Left/Right moves up and down the list of files on that page
    Center button acts as you would expect.

That's what I want to see.
    Agreed. Free is nice, but not best.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Plus as stated above, Resco lets you view NFVS db cache which zlauncher doesn't...
    And the purpose of this is what? So you can peep to see what the real structure looks like? That's neat and all, but not of any real use. Before you say "but camera pictures and movies are in there!" I say save 'em to SD card to start with, much easier.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    how much ram does resco take up?
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I think this is poor 5way support, and still no support for the 'builtin' memory (NVFS-memory part) as in v6.7 Beta
    For the record, the browsing of builtin memory was not added by the original developer of FileZ. It was added as a test project by Dr. Wowe who is a user here. So it doesn't surprise me that the new 6.8 doesn't have that feature.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Why would you pay $15 for Resco when ZLauncher is $20 and is an excellent launcher and has an excellent file manager built in?

I use Filez for editing/viewing databases, and updating ZLauncher (exit ZL, move new ZL version to ram, etc)
    Actually, I bought both ZLauncher and Resco Explorer, because Resco Explorer is THAT good! I use it's backup functionality as my main backup solution as well! And it reads zip files just as if they were another folder! Works as an image viewer as well. Resco Explorer can take the place of a lot of other apps.
    FileZ is now updated to 6.8.2 with "5-way fixed".
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I wouldn't call it "fixed".
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    This version doesn't support the "builtin" part of the memory on my 650......
    Newer new version 6.8.1 now supports the buitin part of memory
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12