Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so, a co-worker is testing Samsung i730 (verizon) for our "boss."

he had it over the weekend, and today we compared the i730 and the 650.

he didnt like the phone aspect of it, he said the evdo is a battery killer and you had to pull out the stulus way too much..

i held for a couple of minutes. it is thicker than the treo, but it was okay. I could open the slider with one hand. one wierd thing, in the 5-10 min I had it i kept pressing the volume keys like 10 times when. He also mentioned. the top buttun was assigned voice recorder and he kept hitting it so he changed it to aspect ration.

sorry for the big intro.

he asked me what I didnt like about the treo, and I could only really come up with one.

the low volume of the headset. what is your top gripe?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    he asked me what I didnt like about the treo, and I could only really come up with one.

the low volume of the headset. what is your top gripe?
    Inconsistent volume issues with me as well. Other than that all else, at least for me, is trivial stuff. I know others have had bigger issues. Knock on wood, I haven't.
    The 2MB download limit on Blazer. What a ridiculous concept. I guess they didn't want noobs filling memory with downloads. Still, it's irritating as hell!!!
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    I could go for an internal antenna, but other than that, no worries...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    volumecare solves my volume problems. I hate the random resets. Would not give this phone up for anytin tough.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    2.5mm headphone jack
    much poorer phone reception than any of my previous cell phones on the same network. ALWAYS dropping calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    2.5mm headphone jack
    1+
    The cheap chrome. It always looks dirty and you cant touch it without scratching it. I have had my $20.00 house phone for years and not one scratch on it.
    Cheap chrome definitely, plus the fact that my fingers/fingernails slide off the chromed buttons too easily is one of my gripes. I would have preferred some form of rubberized buttons & keyboard (with a lighter press required for the 5way).

But it is an amazing device regardless. I can no longer live without it :-)
    The battery door - that's actually the only thing wrong with my Treo (I don't have any volume problems or most other problems others report).

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Accidentally hitting the "hold" button on the screen with a part of my ear while talking on the phone.

"Hello? Are you still there?" Stare at screen. "Sorry, I had you on hold by accident."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    Accidentally hitting the "hold" button on the screen with a part of my ear while talking on the phone.

"Hello? Are you still there?" Stare at screen. "Sorry, I had you on hold by accident."
    Use a headset.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    I could go for an internal antenna, but other than that, no worries...
    seconded
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister

Nahh...just disable the touchscreen! Prefs...Keyguard...then check, check

And use Butler's option to press the S button for SCREEN to temporarily disable the disabling.
    Everybody knows I can't just stop at 1...I've gotta be thorough. The THREE things I'd change in order are:

1) I'd change the phone app back to the quick presses of only up, down, left, and right...found in the 600. And make the Favorites list just a separate application...doesn't belong in the phone app.
    2) The up-arrow on the 5-way.
    3) The volume issue that others are hearing about (it sounds fine to me, but I'm sure if I were at a concert or something the extra volume couldn't hurt).
    Mediasi and grndslm,

I already have a BT headset. Don't always use it, I keep it in the car with the eargels ready to go. As to locking the screen, that has disadvantages, as it locks out the entire phone.

My solution is to hit the green phone button after I connect, which cycles to the wallpaper screen, so if my ear hits the wallpaper, it activates nothing.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Always managing the meager 32MB memory to ensure I have enough available RAM.
    Keyguard is nice to prevent accidental calls but you have to be quick to press the center button after you press one of the app buttons.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    lack of wi-fi
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast