Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    You guys know that you can repeatedly hit the # key in phone mode and force a soft reset?
    Hmmmm...just ried that and just got a long string of #'s. What carrier are you using?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    That fact that toilet-seat covers never entirely cover a toilet seat.
    Performance deterioration... over time, the Palm OS, Apps and resources seem to get corrupted and require (about every 18 months) a complete format/reinstall... and I found Backup Buddy doesn't make it... you need to clean install everything clean. It takes half a day. This is annoying as hell, but it does fix a myriad of sins. I am reminded of Windows sclerosis, where the Win98, 2000 and NT environment deteriorated to the point of unusability... the only answer being format/reinstall. Yes, I know the OS is in ROM, but how do you explain progressively worsening freezes, delays and general weirdness that many people have reported here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Performance deterioration... over time, the Palm OS, Apps and resources seem to get corrupted and require (about every 18 months) a complete format/reinstall... and I found Backup Buddy doesn't make it... you need to clean install everything clean. It takes half a day. This is annoying as hell, but it does fix a myriad of sins. I am reminded of Windows sclerosis, where the Win98, 2000 and NT environment deteriorated to the point of unusability... the only answer being format/reinstall. Yes, I know the OS is in ROM, but how do you explain progressively worsening freezes, delays and general weirdness that many people have reported here ?

I have NEVER EVER heard of that!! Are you installing and deleting tons of 3rd party apps? What it really sounds like is that you need an uninstall manager app like the Netfreak bundle from Northglide (Uninstall Manager and Cleanup combo) to keep your Treo clean. Add a different SD backup app like Backupman and I think you won't have these problems. I've had the same user profile on my 650 for nearly 9 months now and it is as stable as the first day b/c of the regular maintainance using the utils listed above... PalmOS is definitely NOT like Windoze bloat fyi imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have 2 complaints related to displaying pictures:

1) The caller ID picture is the size of a postage stamp -- what's up with that? On the 600 the caller's picture would take up the full screen. With the extra resolution of the 650, the full picture would look great.

2) The wallpaper leaves a gap of ~15 pixels at the bottom of the screen (which you only see if you have the favorites buttons set to not display). I would love to bag the faves buttons but need to keep one row to hide the ugly white strip below the wallpaper.

Anybody know a way to work around either of these issues?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    web browsing on blazer seems to be getting much slower than usual.

I click on a link or a bookmark and the browser just hangs on "sending" for 2 minutes or so. I usually try resetting the thing or deleting blazer cookies, but to no improvement. don't know if my treo's faulty or sprint's merger with nextel has affected the data service, but I absolutely HATE these slowdowns in web browsing.
    maddening! using blazer is like watching paint dry sometimes.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I've got tons of things I don't like, but I'll mention a few hardware things, since they can't be fixed via add-on software...

1) D-Pad feel. The Treo 600 D-Pad and center button felt just about perfect. Why did they have to change it?

2) Keyboard feel. I hate it. I actually think the Treo 600's might have been better, and I hated that one, too. Too easy to accidentally press nearby keys. I have to type with my fingernail and that gets uncomfortable quick.

3) Picture quality from camera. I want a Treo with a camera that can take pictures worthy of keeping. I don't need super-high-megapixels as I don't need to ever print them. But I want the quality to be good enough for viewing on the web or TV (a la TiVo or Media Center).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    funny, I was just comparing my old t600 to the 650 and I was thinking the same thing about the 5-way pad.

the 5-way pad on handspring's 600 had excellent responsiveness - very snappy -you're right. I agree they shouldn't have changed that at all.

the keyboard seemed much tighter on the 600 as well.
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678