Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Since for me I use the 650 as a PDA constantly and as a phone occasionally my three biggest gripes are RAM, RAM and RAM.
    lack of RAM
    Mirror mechanism...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Er...constant resets?
    The quality of the hardware. I question the long-term reliability of the hardware on this phone.

For example, my original Treo started rebooting 10+ times per day due to "MemoryMgr.c", which turned out to be bad RAM. This being said, the replacement unit has been good but it's rebooted itself about 8 times over the past 2 weeks I've had it. And, I don't have any funky 3rd party software installed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    The quality of the hardware. I question the long-term reliability of the hardware on this phone.

For example, my original Treo started rebooting 10+ times per day due to "MemoryMgr.c", which turned out to be bad RAM. This being said, the replacement unit has been good but it's rebooted itself about 8 times over the past 2 weeks I've had it. And, I don't have any funky 3rd party software installed.
    Just curious...what is your definition of "funky"? Do you have AvantGo installed, for example?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    no native functional ringer program and creator like the old kyoo7135 had..that was a good setup
    One BIG one.

I hate that I have to buy/install third party software to get my $600 phone to reproduce basic functionality that my $1 (AR) phone got right 5 years ago.
    Don't know if this has been asked before but what is everyone's biggest Treo complaint? Since using the Treo 600 and 650 I think it is the greatest phone/PDA ever but my biggest complaint is the durability. IMHO way to fragile compared to the RIM devices (even though the Treo usability overshadows this flaw)
    Battery Life
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Battery Life
    I've never had a problem. I've had my gripes but this isn't one of them. Typically I hear it doesn't last for 7 hours talk time like some GSM phones. Then again, the battery life is very good, better than most, and it is not just a think basic phone but a power hungry PDA. IMHO, there are way bigger gripes than this and curious why you think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I've never had a problem. I've had my gripes but this isn't one of them. Typically I hear it doesn't last for 7 hours talk time like some GSM phones. Then again, the battery life is very good, better than most, and it is not just a think basic phone but a power hungry PDA. IMHO, there are way bigger gripes than this and curious why you think so.

I agree slinky. The battery life is as good as advertised - 5 to 6 hours of talk time. However, a different set of user expectations comes into play with it being a "TREO." We would like our "TREO" (PDA, Cell Phone, Internet Device, EMail unit, et cetera) to last our 12 to 15 hour day and then charge it overnight for the next go around.

The 2200 mAh battery has helped me in this, but not everyone needs that -- so the "base" Treo does not come with one to keep the price down. At the moment, some people are just going to have to carry that spare battery.

Cheers, Perry.
    The crappy speaker. I hate it that my brazilian dollar smartphone sounds much worse when it rings or is on speakerphone than my friends' $50 cell phones.

BH
    Has anyone mentioned the huge brick that the TREO is? They should make one that rolls up in my pocket. I bet we'll look back on these phones (in a few years) like the brick style's of old. I remember having a brick phone in HS and being the hip / geek Asian guy.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I am not going to read all the posts to see if my complaint is already mentioned

On T|T, you could use the 5W to go backward/forward on the Calendar Today View. On Treo, the 5W does not do anything on the Today View.

WHY???? WHY did they decontent Calendar???
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I'm going to add a second thing I hate... having to yank off my zcover skin, open the battery compartment, close it and put the skin back on every time I need to perform a simple reset. Inane new "feature."
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg154416

Because when I first got my Treo I was suffering from so many resets I drilled a rather large hole (6mm) in my T650 battery case so I could just reset with the stylus without taking off the battery cover or removing a skin case.

When I put the JavoSkin case on, it covered the battery cover hole nicely. I used a 2mm drill bit to drill/puncture a hole in the skin case. Once the drill bit went through and was removed, the skin case collapsed the hole so you cannot even see it, yet you can put a paper clip or even the stylus in the hole. When you pull the stylus out the hole recovers. No dust or water can fall in it.

It's a self-sealing reset hole!
    When I put the JavoSkin case on, it covered the battery cover hole nicely. I used a 2mm drill bit to drill/puncture a hole in the skin case. Once the drill bit went through and was removed, the skin case collapsed the hole so you cannot even see it, yet you can put a paper clip or even the stylus in the hole. When you pull the stylus out the hole recovers. No dust or water can fall in it.

Oh, just like my wife
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Oh, just like my wife
    Your wife is never like that with me! :-(
    I've had the Treo for three weeks now. If I had to list one gripe it would be the screen time out during a call. I'de much rather the screen to stay on during a call. It's something I'll have to get used to but I am always curious if the call disconnected or not.

Honorable mentions:
    - Lack of Memory
    - No Voice Dialing (yeah, I know you can by 3rd Party but it should be standard)
    - Why not a dark case instead of the silver/gray?
    - Iris closure for the camera lens
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...html#msg154416

Because when I first got my Treo I was suffering from so many resets I drilled a rather large hole (6mm) in my T650 battery case so I could just reset with the stylus without taking off the battery cover or removing a skin case.

You guys know that you can repeatedly hit the # key in phone mode and force a soft reset?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast