Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    rgps,

my dbcache prefs are clear type: sync, autoclear: off, clear at softresetn, free <1m max <3m

For rlock I used palm internals to find all programs that are running all of the time. No rlock doesn't limit the memory in anyway that I can see. I have the following locked: 2day, 4cast, aLex, Backupman, Butler, Clipper, Clockpop, cradlecare, crystalpopupsuite, cutpaste5, dbcache, field plus, findhack, fonts4os5, handzipper, kblightsoff, keycaps600, msafe, msmount, netselect, newpen, powerrun, profiles, pxa clocker, quickswitch, shortcut5, skinner, skinui, snapcalc5, snapdates, speedy, Today, treohelper, treonavitext, voicedialerpro, and yahm.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I think the shape of these keys really bites it. My fingers constantly slip off and I punch the wrong key. Square and/or flat would do it for me.
    The keyboard. The keys are way too small and I don't even have big hands. I could input graffiti soooooo much faster and more acurately. I wish there was a Treo coming with virtual graffiti (graffiti anywhere is too cumbersome and difficult to use).
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    rgps,

my dbcache prefs are clear type: sync, autoclear: off, clear at softresetn, free <1m max <3m
    Thanks. I always had my cleartype set to DB. Any idea what the difference is ?

If autoclear is off then when is DBCacheTool doing it's job ? If only after softreset then I am confused because a soft reset always resolves my DBCache issues anyway.

What about your settings for "App Stop", "Ctrl tap" and do you anything configured for the "Apps..." button ?
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    For rlock I used palm internals to find all programs that are running all of the time.
    How can I tell an app is running all the time in palm internals ? Sorry if the answer should have been obvious.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Ultra Number One: Palm changing the connectors from the 600 to the inferior version in the 650 so it could further rape upgraders.

1) The off/hangup button that is the same as the "lights on" button, especially if you had an Treo 600. Plain dumb.
    2) No hole to access the resest button. Tearing off my skin to open the back door to do a resest is a @#$&ing needless pain.
    3) The default "cancel" to redial a contact off of the log. If it took you two keypresses to get there, it probably wasn't a mistake.

These three go together.
    Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    1. I hate how when you are on the internet, checking e-mail, etc. when you get a call it does not ring but goes straight to voicemail. If it is a phone first it should ring and drop your internet connection. (There should be an option to do this). I've missed so many calls with this lack of function.
    I bet you already know that this is a CDMA limitation and has nothing to do with the phone itself, and that any phone would do this. But just wanted to make sure.
    I had no idea. Great. Another problem I have to deal with if I'm going to stay with this transition from a GSM Treo600 to this Verizon 650. Maybe the CDMA also explains why I've lost the ability to hang up on separate callers in a multi-call situation...?
    I can't find the message from this thread to quote back, but someone's gonna like me for this.....I was getting really ticked about these extra key presses as well and accidently discovered this very solution today. It's even easier with the 650 than it was with the 600: In the phone app all you have to do is hold the green phone/send button down for 2 seconds for last number redial!
    Okay, so I didn't read through the whole thread but what I did look through (pretty much first and last pages) I didn't see this one:

This is a pretty basic phone operation (for phones with BlueTooth) and I have had it on my last two phones. It is quickly becomming the thing I do not like about the 650.

I want to make and receive calls with my BT headset without touching the phone. I have used Nokia and SE phones and both of them did a good job at this with voice dial. I touch a button on the headset, it wakes the phone up, I speak a name, and the phone dials it. What is so difficult about this?
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    I want to make and receive calls with my BT headset without touching the phone. I have used Nokia and SE phones and both of them did a good job at this with voice dial. I touch a button on the headset, it wakes the phone up, I speak a name, and the phone dials it. What is so difficult about this?

wrong bt version on the treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Treo should have a "luke-warm reset" mode: Only applications in the ROM get loaded, and the Radio/Phone is functional. This is effectively like a hard reset except that you don't end up hosing all 3rd party stuff in RAM. Those just don't get loaded.

Great for when on the road with a corruption/lockup/looping because of some 3rd party software of corrupt databases.

PS: The Radio is currently non-functional in a warm reset
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    OK. I thought I could overcome this problem but it is driving me and my customers crazy. Why the CRAP did the designers change the Backlight/Function button of the Treo and turn it into a permanent power ON/OFF button on the 650??!!
    I've had my phone for less than a week and I think I've accidently hung up on more than 100 callers! For two years I used the "Function" button probably 50-100 times per day. 365x50x2= at least 36,000 times I pressed that button. What the ??!! Does anybody know of a hack to change the programming of the 650 on/off button?
    Last edited by xpdnc; 10/19/2005 at 04:28 PM. Reason: To tone down rant...
    >>>>>Does anybody know of a hack to change the programming of the 650 on/off button?

xpdnc, like I mentioned in the other thread, just disable keygurad and get pocketprotector to setup the multipress setting to turning on the treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc
    OK. I thought I could overcome this problem but it is driving me and my customers crazy. Why the CRAP did the designers change the Backlight/Function button of the Treo and turn it into a permanent power ON/OFF button on the 650??!!
    I've had my phone for less than a week and I think I've accidently hung up on more than 100 callers! For two years I used the "Function" button probably 50-100 times per day. 365x50x2= at least 36,000 times I pressed that button. What the ??!! Does anybody know of a hack to change the programming of the 650 on/off button?
    I agree. This is perhaps the most %#&ing irritating change made to the 650 by far. Palm obviously never had anyone test this phone who used the 600. It is insane.

I'm not sure how pocketprotector helps since it seems to make it even more difficult to turn on/off the light and it doesn't solve your problem of ending calls by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I agree. This is perhaps the most %#&ing irritating change made to the 650 by far. Palm obviously never had anyone test this phone who used the 600. It is insane.

I'm not sure how pocketprotector helps since it seems to make it even more difficult to turn on/off the light and it doesn't solve your problem of ending calls by accident.

You disable the keyguard and then just configure a different hard button with multipress or not to turn on/off the Treo. Then you will just use the hangup button (4rth hardbutton) to end calls and never use it to toggle the screen...

Anyway, what I PERSONALLY use and recommend for this is Treoguard also from Geekware. In my treoguard settings, I have the hangup button configured to ONLY toggle the screen during a call. Thus I never have to worry about hanging up accidently by pressing the 4rth hard button. I then have the 3rd hard button (email/sms) configured to hang up in they Key Actions settions. This way I have two different button setup to toggle the screen and hang up the call. Plus it ONLY activate during an active call, so the setting go back to default after the call. I've been using this forever and it works well for me.!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You disable the keyguard and then just configure a different hard button with multipress or not to turn on/off the Treo. Then you will just use the hangup button (4rth hardbutton) to end calls and never use it to toggle the screen...
    I needed a way to disable the 4th button from ending calls. Since it's the same button to turn the light on and off it just happens.

Anyway, what I PERSONALLY use and recommend for this is Treoguard also from Geekware. In my treoguard settings, I have the hangup button configured to ONLY toggle the screen during a call. Thus I never have to worry about hanging up accidently by pressing the 4rth hard button. I then have the 3rd hard button (email/sms) configured to hang up in they Key Actions settions. This way I have two different button setup to toggle the screen and hang up the call. Plus it ONLY activate during an active call, so the setting go back to default after the call. I've been using this forever and it works well for me.!
    That sounds like a much better solution. I like not having hardbuttons to hang up so I don't hang up accidentally. I'll have to investigate it and set a different hard button. Thanks. More software to buy thanks to @##ing Palm...
    Gee. The big red phone button hangs up on the callers... Who woulda thunk.

If you need to wake up the Treo while on a call, hit the home button, or phone button, or calendar button, or messages button.. Not the HANG UP BUTTON.
    The one thing I just hate about the Treo 650:

pause . . . . .

I'm thinking. . . .

umm . . . . . . . .

Ok, I got it:

It should be 1/3 the depth, have that RAZR "look" (but not clamshell) and have a Jedi Light Sabre coming out of the IR port.

There, now it's perfect.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/19/2005 at 10:13 PM.
    If you need to wake up the Treo while on a call, hit the home button, or phone button, or calendar button, or messages button.. Not the HANG UP BUTTON.
    Riiiiiiiight. You use it 36,000+ times and then try not to....

I'm prolly just retarded. I accept that.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    My old BBerry shook my hip like a rock and roll band. I simply left my device on vibrate ALL the time. This worked so I didn't have to switch modes while going into meetings or church. And I always knew when I got a call, SMS or email.

Now, I often forget to make the switch and I miss incoming attempts to reach me. The vibrate on the 650 is poor.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast