Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I bet you already know that this is a CDMA limitation and has nothing to do with the phone itself, and that any phone would do this. But just wanted to make sure.
    Now I do! LOL, still sucks tho!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Hey NRG - is this the app you are talking about: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=55044
    I can't believe Palm would over look such an obvious problem with using the user programable keyboard quick keys. They only work from the phone application of the Treo!!!! Why in the world did they not think to make these quick key work from the Palm side of the Treo or anywhere? The way it is now, I have to first go to the phone application before using the quick keys. I know Butler takes care of the problem but why didn't Palm? I think the developers at Palm don't even use Treos themselves. They must use other PDA's
    Not being able to turn the screen on with the menu button. Phone, Calender, and E-mail buttons will do this, but not the menu button.
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Too many resets and crashes, worse than PPC devices. What a shame.
    The 32mb of memory is my biggest complaint.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Stronger bluetooth. I usally have to hold the phone on the same side of my body as my headset. Very jealous when my friend can walk to a different level of his house with his Motorola Razor and HS850, and I can't place my Treo on the other side of my body. Ugh!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I need a better web browser, thats all I want in the Treo, it does everything else I want it to do, just a web browser that isn't limited to download size, I know about the app out there but I want the browser to do this, I want to be able to go to my banking website, I know some out there who can, and I also want to be able to click on something say an mp3 on a web page and it pops right out to pTunes and begins playing, Well that sums it up for me
    Improved Bluetooth signal strength.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    1. RAM. The fact that I can't delete apps like versamail, goodlink, quicktour,real player, xpress mail and goodlink, for which I have no use or have replaced.

2. 2.5 mm jack
    1. treo randomly "wakes up"
    2. terrible bluetooth
    3. RAM
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    The bulkiness and weight.
    the wait - it keeps pulling down my pants

(I think there is a thread about this some where...)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    1. RAM. The fact that I can't delete apps like versamail, goodlink, quicktour,real player, xpress mail and goodlink, for which I have no use or have replaced.
    ROM. They are in ROM, so they're not really wasting space at all. Although I hear you. I've long since removed them from every version of ROM I've had on my 650.

And you can always use Obfuscate to hide them, much easier and safer than editing a ROM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    NVFS...What's up with all the issues with NVFS. I am surprised no one else mentioned this.

Vindigo disappears randomly....Contact support....NVFS issue can't fix.
    Snapper Mail all emails get corrupted...Contact support....NFVS issue can't fix.
    Blazer complain on a regular basis that you are out of memory, reset and you are OK...reason....NVFS
    So many apps with issues that need to be re-written to work with NVFS.

I tried DBCacheTool but it created more issues than it seemed to resolve for me.

I think Verizon's ROM being so behind (1.03) doesn't help with this issue.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    The weak phone/PDA integration!!! In particular, the lack of support for the hard pause character in phone numbers, lack of built-in voice dialing, and the lack of real phone buttons.

With the Kyocera 7135 I could press a button, say "work voicemail" then when my work voicemail answered, press the OK button to dial my extension, then when the voicemail system asks for my password, press OK again to dial my password, then press OK again to dial 1 to play new messages... Yeah, TakePhone supports real hard pauses in your contacts' phone numbers but doesn't integrate with any voice dialing program. Yeah, you can put timed pauses in your 'favorites', but getting just the right number of commas to cover the full range of possible delays in connecting, contacting voicemail, etc. is almost impossible. The virtual phone buttons on the 650 are useless when you're driving; there's no way to dial a number, extension and password without making at least one mistake. PalmOne could certainly take lessons on phone/pda integration from Kyocera!

Fix that and the Treo is just about perfect. The other problems people have mentioned here either don't happen to me (e.g. frequent crashes), apply to programs/features I don't use (e.g. VersaMail) or don't infringe on the usability given the things I do with the 650 (e.g. 32MB memory). Well, I would like a flip phone design and a bigger screen (yeah I know those are conflicting features... gimme everything NOW... and for free...)
    Rgps,

I had the same problems but after using the latest dbcache and rlocker I can't remember the last reset I had. I used to have 6-10 resets a day very frustrating was almost ready to swap with my wife and get my old 600 back.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Most of the issues mentioned can be fixed with third-party software. Its a pain to have to buy software for features that should be built in but at least their fixable. My biggest gripe is the lack of bluetooth 1.2. I bought this nice Treo Bluetooth Headset that I hardly ever use since I'm always listening to mp3s during the day. The wired headset always gets tangled in my pocket!
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Rgps,

I had the same problems but after using the latest dbcache and rlocker I can't remember the last reset I had. I used to have 6-10 resets a day very frustrating was almost ready to swap with my wife and get my old 600 back.
    I don't really get too many crashes. I get corruption of files.

Can you send me (private msg or post here) your DBCache preferences (I can't seem to get them right) and which apps you lock with rLocker ?

Does RLock limit the memory available since so many apps are not locked in memory ?

Do you have to lock for example
    DateBk5, Snapper Mail, ChatterMail, Vindigo....
    Vindigo is huge if it's locked I really worry it will limit space. I hate the message in Blazer that I am out of memory.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    REALLY POOR PHONE RECEPTION/SOUND...even after the 1.13 upgrade(GSM)...people on the other end always complain about me sounding garbled.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast