Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    blazers 2mb download limit
    Try the application "Downloader". It works great, almost like wget with a GUI. It's what I use to get past the Blazer issues, alternative browsers like Xiino bother me because they use a 3rd-party proxy server.

http://freewarepalm.com/communication/downloader.shtml

Be sure to read the read-me to understand what I/C/L mean. It's a great application. Be sure to use something like AlwaysOn while downloading large files or the download will abort when the phone goes to sleep.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    above post = blind love for palm.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    oops....meant it for post by gt5I but can't quote in mobile forum.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko
    Butler fixes that. Just turn on K Launcher and it's one button press.
    Thanks for the tip, but it says that in that very same post that you quoted....Butler still doesn't fix the way the quick-launcher worked from within' the phone app, like it did in the 600. Press green phone, then up for contacts, down for something....not like it is now: phone, down, down, right, center....phone, down, right, center.....EVEN phone, right, center!! Just phone then one press to get to the best 4 internal phone apps. The favorites menu should be a new category in the launcher.

Had they spent an entire day with the 600, and then an entire day with the 650....they would have recognized that as the number one software downfall.

But the lack of a some kinda rubber on the back is a very close second to the phone's downfalls....makes me wonder how many of Palm's own users used the phone....IT'S TOO SLIPPERY!!

Sorry this post was awfully similar to my previous one. But I want these 2 things fixed more than any other wireless radio or blazer limit....much more!
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/13/2005 at 12:44 PM.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    oops....meant it for post by gt5I but can't quote in mobile forum.
    you can quote in the mobile, you just have to know your html tags. On the treo press "(" then alt, this will bring up the choice for "[". Now that is out of the way you can do it this way, Highlight text you want to quote, press menu button "c", goto post reply, type in "[" quote=person you want to quote's name "]" to paste text here by hitting menu button "p". Then you close quotes by putting "["/quote"]". Then there you have a quote box.
    I hate how you dial a number from either contacts or call history and the phone starts the call but quickly stops the call and returns back to contacts or call history screen. This happens often and I've had it happen dailing a number six to seven times before it finally connects. Does anyone know if the new GSM firmware update fixes this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens
    I hate how you dial a number from either contacts or call history and the phone starts the call but quickly stops the call and returns back to contacts or call history screen. This happens often and I've had it happen dailing a number six to seven times before it finally connects. Does anyone know if the new GSM firmware update fixes this?
    Dunno about GSM hardware, but: Phone App --> General Preferences --> Change "Typing dials phone number" to "Typing starts Contacts Search".

That should give you what you're lookin' for.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    ... in the 5-10 min I had it...
    I'm sure Slinky was disappointed that you couldn't give a more detailed first impression of the i730 after having held it for 10 minutes. Just kidding Slinky but that was the first thing that popped into my mind after reading this.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I'm sure Slinky was disappointed that you couldn't give a more detailed first impression of the i730 after having held it for 10 minutes. Just kidding Slinky but that was the first thing that popped into my mind after reading this.
    LOL... actually mine was admittedly a superficial impression of just the case (and the awful side rocker button) but I'm changing my answer for the most annoying thing that wasn't so obvious until I got a 650. I really hate having the light/brightness/on-off button now be a hangup button as well. It's absurd. It's just instinct to press it every time the display is off. When I have my phone turn off the display during a call I'm always going for that button to turn the light on... What do you guys do to get around this? (short of having to train yourself and remember not to do this every time...)
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Always managing the meager 32MB memory to ensure I have enough available RAM.
    DITTO!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Mine would be the best feature of the Kyocera 7135.

> Phone set to vibrate - vibrates when not charging, but when attached to any charger (AC or Car) would ring. If the Treo 650 did this it would be perfect.

> Also - weak vibrate feature.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    Mine would be the best feature of the Kyocera 7135.

> Phone set to vibrate - vibrates when not charging, but when attached to any charger (AC or Car) would ring. If the Treo 650 did this it would be perfect.

> Also - weak vibrate feature.
    Search for an app called "Profiles", it has the feature you are looking for plus a whole a**load of other stuff and it is free.
    Mine is having no PDF reader for reading one of the most common type of email attachments.
    VersaMail stinks!
    1. I hate how when you are on the internet, checking e-mail, etc. when you get a call it does not ring but goes straight to voicemail. If it is a phone first it should ring and drop your internet connection. (There should be an option to do this). I've missed so many calls with this lack of function.

2. Versamail is a joke. While it does somethings better than Snapper imho, it was not ready for primetime and still is not ready.

3. I know the 650 does not come with a flash, but one would make my indoor pics less dark and better quality. (Yeah, I have a digicam, but who carries one around like a cell phone)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I gotta go with three, but I'll put them in order, (so you can ignore the other two if you want).

1. Lacking wifi
    2. The 2.5mm headphone jack
    3. VersaMail bugginess. With all the fixes it still can't manage to check my mail on a regular schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    1. I hate how when you are on the internet, checking e-mail, etc. when you get a call it does not ring but goes straight to voicemail. If it is a phone first it should ring and drop your internet connection. (There should be an option to do this). I've missed so many calls with this lack of function.
    I bet you already know that this is a CDMA limitation and has nothing to do with the phone itself, and that any phone would do this. But just wanted to make sure.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS
    Mine is having no PDF reader for reading one of the most common type of email attachments.
    I know how you feel and get a lot of those. I wonder how intensive PDF docs are to read without conversion. As bulky as Word docs have become they aren't nearly as heavy as PDFs, which take noticeably longer to process than MS Office docs. Is there a native viewer for PPC?

I'm going to add a second thing I hate... having to yank off my zcover skin, open the battery compartment, close it and put the skin back on every time I need to perform a simple reset. Inane new "feature."
    I don't like when checking the Call Log that 'Cancel' is the first active button and that the most recent call is partially highlighted. When I go to the call log, I want to check the details about calls, not immediately cancel out of it. The first active button should be 'Details' or the most recent call should be 'fully' highlighted so you can begin scrolling the list.

The phone has its quirks, but overall its Hott!!
    Last edited by RoTTyLr; 07/18/2005 at 09:53 AM.
    The very one thing I hate:

When an sms comes in and your alerts are turned off so nothing pops up only the snow flake and you decide not to clear the alert or check it, as soon as you delete the sms that the alert is refering to the treo resets. I have hard reset and started from scratch.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast