Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Lack of a good browser, something on the lines of a mozilla or even an opera. Thats my one complaint about the Treo, otherwise, its great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    As to locking the screen, that has disadvantages, as it locks out the entire phone.
    When you mean "entire phone" do you mean, all buttons and touchscreen in other apps. Because I can do all of that (I'm assuming without Butler).

If you're talking about just the phone app, (i edited this in my first post) there's an option in Butler to press the 'S' key to temporarily enable the touchscreen within the phone app. If you don't have Butler, I'd highly recommend it...specifically for its Key Launcher!
    blazers 2mb download limit
    Sorry about adding one more problem to a list already 3 times the requested limit...but I was thinking of it when I initially saw the thread title, but forgot about it by the time I got to make my post. The second biggest gripe in my updated list is:

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    1) I'd change the phone app back to the quick presses of only up, down, left, and right...found in the 600. And make the Favorites list just a separate application...doesn't belong in the phone app.
    2) I'd add a rubbery material on the sides of the phone and/or battery cover to prevent drops!!
    3) The up-arrow on the 5-way.
    4) The volume issue that others are hearing about (it sounds fine to me, but I'm sure if I were at a concert or something the extra volume couldn't hurt).
    Those are the only faults IMO, relative to the time it was brought to market.
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/12/2005 at 03:21 AM.
    1. The 32MB of RAM was pretty inexcusable. While 32MB is livable, 64MB is basically standard and for an upgraded model leaving the RAM at 32MB was just silly.
    2. Blazer is the slowest web browser ever.
    Treo 650 with 1 GB SD card!
    http://www.rkuo.com
    Lack of SMS delivery report feature. Earpiece volume was a significant problem but with VolumeCare I am no longer complaining.
    * the need to do more hard resets with the 650 than with any other Palm (been using since Palm III)
    * overly convoluted hard reset procedure that requires you to carry around the d*** hotsync cable so you can press its button. (as if pressing 3 other buttons simultaneously wasn't enough already)
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    Lack of a good browser, something on the lines of a mozilla or even an opera. Thats my one complaint about the Treo, otherwise, its great!

Second that. Blazer drives me crazy, but I ask alot of it. Despite that, I love the thing.
    1) I'd change the phone app back to the quick presses of only up, down, left, and right...found in the 600. And make the Favorites list just a separate application...doesn't belong in the phone app.
    i disagree with #1. the favorites section makes the phone app a more useful "home application." by that i mean the "hot link" functionality lets you stay in the phone app more often, as you can get to your favorite applications, thereby making the treo a better phone, rather than a pda with phone capabilities.

my #1 gripe would be this: i know you can fix this by downloading "today" applications, but i wish some important information was on the home phone screen. i disable the touch screen dial pad, and i'd like to see upcoming appointments and tasks right there on the phone app...
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    much poorer phone reception than any of my previous cell phones on the same network. ALWAYS dropping calls.
    Equal reception in Grand Rapids, to my prior cell phones.

One complaint? Doesn't have EV-DO unlimited data for $15 a month.
    What the heck is taking them so long????????????
    Bob
    2.5mm headphone jack
    Really poor sound quaility on the phone...people on the other end always complain I sound garbeled!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Horrible bluetooth implementation. It has abysmal range and terrible support for standard headests, even the one that palm sells!!!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    i disagree with #1. the favorites section makes the phone app a more useful "home application." by that i mean the "hot link" functionality lets you stay in the phone app more often, as you can get to your favorite applications, thereby making the treo a better phone, rather than a pda with phone capabilities.
    Couldn't disagree more. The favorites section expands to add more choices but adds so many button presses so as to limit the whole utility of favorites in the first place. The point is to be able to do a one press to get to your four favorite apps (and you get 3 more with the buttons.) Now it takes you at least 3 presses just to get to ones nearby.

Add to that the call log pain. It takes several presses just to get to the last person that called you. On the old phone it was press the center button twice and you are there. Now its down, right, right, center, up. Wasn't that convenient.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    my #1 gripe would be this: i know you can fix this by downloading "today" applications, but i wish some important information was on the home phone screen. i disable the touch screen dial pad, and i'd like to see upcoming appointments and tasks right there on the phone app...
    Allow me to help you. Phone>General Preferences> Check Show Calendar Events.

Also you can goto Calendar>Display Options>Change Default View: Agenda
    32 Mb (only 23 available for user) is a significant design flaw. Having to juggle programs between internal memory and SD card is a pain.
    Yup, slinky's right. Too many key presses for your favorites. Here's how I'd design the phone & stock launcher:

--Press green phone button - sends you to phone app, where you can either dial a name/number OR press either up, down, left, or right to get to Contacts, Call Log, Voicemail, and perhaps Preferences (instead of Web/Blazer like on 600).
    --Press home button - sends you first to your 'All' category, next press sends to your 'Favorite' category (programs in this category should all be hard-wired to a button on the keyboard, without the need for pressing the green phone button first....like how Butler's Key Launcher allows), then to your additional categories.
    --Also, from the any categories in the stock launcher you should be able to type a programs full name to locate it, not just stop at the first letter (Similar to Initiate, but I don't know if I'd actually want it to "initiate" the program, just highlight it so I can press the center button)

Sooo...that's my new combined number one!
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/12/2005 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Ram
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm shocked nobody else mentioned this first......versamail. Such a joke and an insult really. The built in mail program on the 600 was way more stable. I refuse to pay for a third party band-aid.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast