1.    #1  
    Is there any way to disable synching media in the SD card? I love being able to take the 1 GB card straight from my digital camera and pop it into the Treo 650 to view. But if I perform a hotsync with the card in the Treo, it tries to sync all 300 MB of images!
    Right-click on the Hotsync Manager icon in your program tray, choose Custom and change the action of the Media conduit to "Do Nothing".
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Right-click on the Hotsync Manager icon in your program tray, choose Custom and change the action of the Media conduit to "Do Nothing".
    Doing that disables synching of all media, including those in the device. I just want to disable synching of media in the SD card.

Of course I could also pop out the card before synching, but I can't always remember to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by iganpo
    Of course I could also pop out the card before synching, but I can't always remember to do that.
    Might I suggest a post-it note on your PC screen, "REMOVE SD CARD B4 HOTSYNC!!!"
    OK, how CAN I sync Media with the SD Card??? Only the photos/videos taken with the Treo are currently sync'd for me.

Thanks,
    Ian
    How often do you take photos on your treo? You can set the default to be no sync, but once a week or so, you can manually tell it to sync the media, and just make sure to remove the card that one time.
  7. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    You need to move the digital camera images out of the DCIM folder. Maybe your camera has an option to use a different folder name.
    Just put the images in a different folder! Sheesh...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions