Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with TomTom and they stated that the release of the upgrade will be July 18th or 20th. They said that that should also be when you can purchase the upgrade and maps for $49. If you bought the 2004 navigator after MARCH 15th, then you are eligible for the free upgrade of software and maps. Hope this helps everyone out there. I hope they don't change the date yet again..
    Hope you're right, but they've been setting "release dates" for the upgrade for the last 2-3 months and each of them have passed without anything becoming available. Color me skeptical that they'll keep their word this time. Like I said, I hope you're right.
    Thanks for checking, Hayswj. (But knowing TT, I'll believe it when I see it).
  4.    #4  
    Well you all were right TomTom has pushed release back until maybe the 25th. The are waiting for the software only shipment to get in, and for their webstore to be put up. They are staying strong with the fact that anyone who purchased after March 15th will get a free upgrade. Sorry to get your hopes up.. I just wanted to pass on the news I am getting
    AT least they aren't moving the free upgrade qualification date around (forward) with each push back in availability. Not having to pay for the upgrade is my primary concern.

Thanks for the update.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well you all were right TomTom has pushed release back until maybe the 25th. The are waiting for the software only shipment to get in, and for their webstore to be put up. They are staying strong with the fact that anyone who purchased after March 15th will get a free upgrade. Sorry to get your hopes up.. I just wanted to pass on the news I am getting

Well, today's the 25th. Anybody heard anything about the upgrade? It's still not available on their site. Looks like they are going to blow through another so called "deadline."
    Not sure about the upgrade, but I got a shipping confirmation email from TigerGPS for my Software-only TT5 order. I would guess that the upgrades are just around the corner too...
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    Well, today's the 25th. Anybody heard anything about the upgrade? It's still not available on their site. Looks like they are going to blow through another so called "deadline."
    Yea, another blown deadline. It would have made a great birthday present.

-P
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I just got off the phone with TomTom and they stated that the release of the upgrade will be July 18th or 20th. They said that that should also be when you can purchase the upgrade and maps for $49. If you bought the 2004 navigator after MARCH 15th, then you are eligible for the free upgrade of software and maps. Hope this helps everyone out there. I hope they don't change the date yet again..
    I talked to TomTom USA today. They said the upgrade should be out next week, not it will be out next week. He said that when it's ready they will send out an email to notify everyone with a "My TomTom" account. I'll let you know when/if I ever get a notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laugh_OH
    the upgrade should be out next week, not it will be out next week.

Wow. "Should" be out next week! That sure sounds like they have a lot of conviction in that date, too. They can't even SAY a specific date now. Not that citing a date ever mattered over the past three months!!!
    What's interesting is that people have been able to BUY Navigator 5 from some places (e.g. Semsons), which suggests the software is done. If they decide not to honor this March 15 upgrade date (which has never been communicated to me personally from TomTom, only via Hayswj) -- then you'll have to forgive me for being suspicious about TomTom's motives for continuing to slip the release date.
    Okay, I'll eat crow -- the upgrade IS up and they ARE honoring the 3/15 date! I have to say, good for TomTom -- they've won me over.
    The upgrade has indeed been posted. I was even successful in ordering it.

I ordered my version of TomTom Navigator 2004 in late February and I was going to be a bit annoyed if I was going to have to pay $50 because I ordered it a few weeks before the cutoff date. I'm pleased to say that they gave me a free upgrade on their website without me having to call and complain about it! Good for them.
    I upgraded without any hitch. Like several others, I bought in February but got the free (+$5) version. Just got an email today saying that my order has shipped!

I have one question: does the upgrade include both the application update and the updated maps? I never got the option to choose. I remember at one point TT was differentiating between the two (free app upgrade for everyone with Nav 2004 but $50 updated map fee if purchased before 3/15)...
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I have one question: does the upgrade include both the application update and the updated maps? I never got the option to choose. I remember at one point TT was differentiating between the two (free app upgrade for everyone with Nav 2004 but $50 updated map fee if purchased before 3/15)...

I second "acoustic's" question. I got my emailed invoice for the upgrade and all it lists is:
    "TTN5 Software upgrade USA and Canada (US version)."

It doesn't list out anything else separately for the maps. Anyone know if they're included in this upgrade package? Maybe that's why we're all getting this for free regardless of the date we bought Nav4 (aside from the $5 shipping). If we were actually getting the maps, then we'd be charged the $49.99. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    From the TomTom website(I added the bold in the quote):

What will it cost?
    If you purchased your product after March 15th, 2005 you are eligible for:

CD set containing the new application and maps.
    COST: FREE CDs plus $5.00 shipping and handling
    If you purchased your product on or before March 15th, 2005 you are eligible for:
    CD set containing the new application and maps.
    COST: $49.99 plus $5.00 shipping and handling
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    From the TomTom website(I added the bold in the quote):
    That's strange. When I ordered, they never gave me a choice to get the maps for $50. It just automatically said I get it for free, and I got Nav 4 in February. I guess I'll know when it gets to me next Thursday.
    I have been using TT4 on my Treo 650 and it has worked perfectly. I just recieved the upgrade pack for TT5. From what I've been reading from this board, it appears that some people have been having trouble installing TT5. Is it worth the upgrade installation or should I stick with TT4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    I have been using TT4 on my Treo 650 and it has worked perfectly. I just recieved the upgrade pack for TT5. From what I've been reading from this board, it appears that some people have been having trouble installing TT5. Is it worth the upgrade installation or should I stick with TT4?
    I've been beginning to wonder the same thing. Not sure what to suggest. I think there have been resolutions to the issues people have been having, but you'll have to wade through all those threads to see what people have been doing to make it work right.

BTW, did you receive both the upgrade application and the new map discs? When did you buy TT4 originally?
    Ordered upgrade this morning and received my tracking number this afternoon for delivery in 3 business days. Much faster than the 5 weeks quoted on the website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast