Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    99.9% of them work but I hear there are some corrupt users
    Make sure that you backup your user, otherwise, once hard-reset, they're useless...
    We have two - one has already gone back for exchange. I'm extremely patient - but have nearly thrown mine out the window on the freeway on serveral times.

The combination of rebooting / freezing and finger pointing / clueless support (some) people has been rather upsetting. We have also had Customer Service goof up our GPRS account settings on two occassions rendering the data service useless until we got ahold of someone who knew how to put it back correctly.

As I have seen here - the answer is always two tablets of the strongest pain reliever you have in the house and a hard reset.

I will say that this and the ROM update on mine *did* help.

I was attempting to fix the Voicemail dialing troubles - and needed to to a hard reset for that update. My wife's Treo came with the later firmware so that might be the trick - I didn't know enough at the time to confirm which version the one we returned had loaded.

This is the update I installed - http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ilUpdater.html

Turns out the it probably doesn't fix the troubles I'm having - why I posted a thread on DTMF.

One other note - I think the 650 gets more and more unstable as you run low on memory.

Mileage can very - but I think that there *are* many people suffering with troubles / exchanges / reboots. Just stay on the phone and chat with the support folks long enough at your carrier. Some are better at giving the official company line than others who are more honest. 2 or more exchanges is apparently not uncommon. In the end - I think people just deal with the troubles an limitation or get a different model. Not everyone is a patient as I am with expensive technology that doesn't work well out of the box.

Sure - most folks are here with problems - but there's a large % that won't take this step.

I'm also fighting with unreliable xPressMail Personal Edition and looking for others to share ideas.

My opinions. :-) Good Luck!

-ps
    It depends on how you define "works"

and how you define "happy"

I love the promise of the treo. But I have never had a phone drop so many calls. not the kyocera, not any motorola plain old phone.

the good news is that most of my use is not to actually phone people or I would be junking it today...

I have Verizon...and from what I can tell, verizon has the least problems!!!

Think Windows...

Tom O'Connell
    For me, 100%.

Maria
    I LOVE my 650. But I have to say this about that, and I guess this thread would be a ok place to do it.

When I bought my Sprint Treo 650, the people at the store knew absolutely NOTHING about any ROM updates. I don't know if I neglected to check some box but I've also never had any notification from Palm about the subsequent ones. So if one doesn't read these forums (I'm sure there are a ton of users that don't even know these places exist) how would one know??

Seems a lot of dissatisfied users are also non-Palm people. I know of at least one former co-worker who was always dissatisfied with his Treo, course he was the type that didn't know what a manual was, much less read the silly thing.

So far, I'm knocking on wood. My T 650 is great, I love it. The only problems I have had have been 3rd party software conflicts and operator stupidity!!

I'm on my 5th phone and still have 2 UNSATISFACTORY issues. Palm informs me I have to WAIT for an update in firmware. They FULLY 100% acknowledge and have reproduced the problem on their own sample phones.
    They tell me the "engineers" are trying to fix such issues.
    I 'love' my Treo, but I'll be on my 5th...so it's turned into a love-hate relationship.
    1 | 2
    Chiming in on this issue, I will only say that I have owned my VZW Treo 650 for about 2 months. I have never had any major problems with the phone except for the issue involving memory.

As for resets, crashes and the like, suffice it to say that they were all created by some third-part applicatin in the form of shareware and freeware and was not because of a hardware defect.

I have owned the Kyocera 6035, the Kyocera 7135 (a major piece of crap), the Treo 600 and the Treo 650 (okay, I'm a gadget freak) and the Treo 650 is by far the best overall converged device that I have owned to date.

From what I have been reading in this forum as well as the other Treo 650 forums, the biggest problem appears to have been related to hacks and other unproven applications.

Just my 2 cents.

Stalker768
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker768
    From what I have been reading in this forum as well as the other Treo 650 forums, the biggest problem appears to have been related to hacks and other unproven applications.

Just my 2 cents.

Stalker768
    Amen to that. I have a locked Cingular since February and it's been perfect. I only get resets when testing newly installed apps. I suspect that a lot of resets from other users here is also a result of improper setup/install of their brand new Treo to begin with.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123