1.    #1  
    Why does this happen and how do I fix it? It's happened to me on several installs, so I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong..

Thanks.

Bek <--- continuing to try chatter over and over until it stops resetting my phone. lol.. I'm determined to make it work. dang it.
    Bek - Resets should be VERY rare at this point (I hardly ever see them; maybe once a week). Have you tried a reset, by the way, to break the "SMTP Hello" issue?

Marc

p.s. What errors do you see when you get the resets (in the phone app, with ##377<dial> - Sprint or #*377<dial> - TMO/Cingular)?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Bek - Resets should be VERY rare at this point (I hardly ever see them; maybe once a week). Have you tried a reset, by the way, to break the "SMTP Hello" issue?

Marc

p.s. What errors do you see when you get the resets (in the phone app, with ##377<dial> - Sprint or #*377<dial> - TMO/Cingular)?

To be honest, the actual blame for the reset is only on Chatter about once a week also, but in general, I believe my phone resets much more often when I have Chatter installed.. Sometimes it's Zlauncher, sometimes Messaging, sometimes Phone... my theory was that Chatter may not take the blame in the ##377# but it's doing something that is conflicting while I'm in another app and causing a reset. ie, if I'm trying to send an SMS and Chatter is or was trying to do something - everything will freeze.. Also, I was on VeriChat one day and tried to do WAY too many things at once, and it reset, etc. A lot of times Chatter is doing things in the background, and I try to do something else, get no response, press buttons over and over and then bam - reset. I know Palm isn't the best at multitasking, and I AM A TRUE multitasker (call me impatient) so I probably need to learn to take a little more time..

I'm trying a soft reset right now for the SMTP hello problem.

Bek
    Actually, I beat up my Treo as much as you do probably, and still don't get any resets. I don't think the problem is that Chatter can't handle what you're doing... I also am not aware of any conflicts with the apps you mention. I do know that VeriChat causes resets in some configurations, though (esp. always on mode).

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Actually, I beat up my Treo as much as you do probably, and still don't get any resets. I don't think the problem is that Chatter can't handle what you're doing... I also am not aware of any conflicts with the apps you mention. I do know that VeriChat causes resets in some configurations, though (esp. always on mode).

Marc

Marc, I'm still stuck. I reset and reinstalled....still stuck. I've reset connections, still nothing.. do you think I have something set wrong? I'm just a regular lite user, I don't need ultra secure email, but I do like fastmail's push so I use it.. I have 2 pop3 boxes set up and haven't gotten them to send either.

Bek

edit: It seems my touchscreen stops responding whenever I have chatter installed, quite frequently... is there any correlation or do you think it's another prob? I have to reset when this happens or use the 5way only - annoying.
    Last edited by Bekktek; 07/11/2005 at 01:38 PM.
    Something's clearly wrong, but I don't know what - nobody else has reported this problem. What Chatter version are you using? Can you send me a log? You MIGHT want to do a hard reset and reinstall your apps from scratch, btw, as a kind of last resort.

Marc

p.s. Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com
  7.    #7  
    Something's clearly wrong, but I don't know what - nobody else has reported this problem. What Chatter version are you using? Can you send me a log? You MIGHT want to do a hard reset and reinstall your apps from scratch, btw, as a kind of last resort.

Marc

p.s. Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com

Ok, so here's what I did: I used zlauncher to delete the app - it then tells me "refind failed: 0207" like 25 times.. I press ok each time and the app isn't really GONE. I then tap on my chatter icon (which is still present because the delete didn't WORK) and it gives me the agreement screen again. I then reinstall the IMAP box and 2 POP boxes and now it works. This isn't the first time I've had to do this. BUT, the last BETA build I had, it never happened (that was along about 1.0.6.4 or something.. ) I now have the most recent BETA.

Also, this has been mentioned I think but wow it takes like 4 or 5 presses of the red button to wake up the treo!

Bek