Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    DA 3.2 is posted:

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

    • Added support for Proxy Servers to be used in phone number searches. A new setup screen accessed via the menu choice Options | Proxy Server gives you fields to fill out for the server name or IP address, and the port. The later defaults to 8080 but can be changed.

      If the server name field is filled in, attempts will be made to connect and pass the search URLs to this server instead of accessing YP.com directly. Most users will not need to use this feature, however it WILL be necessary for T-Mobile users.

      Note that Mapquest directions and maps don't observe this setting. You will have to set your chosen browser to use the proxy separately.
    • Added a Delete Record menu option on the results screen to allow removal of a single, highlighted record from the results.
  2. #2  
    Great -- Thanks Rick. This is without question, one of the most useful apps I have on my Treo. And with Rogers recently upping their directory service charge to $1.50 per use, it may just be the most valuable one!
  3. #3  
    as always, great work rick!

    one little thing that would be a "click saver", would to have the fields that only accept numbers, to default to letting only numbers go in them. that way one doesn't have to click the "option" key to change to numbers.

    thanks again.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  4. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 (1.12). eveeytime I try to run 3.2 it resets my phone. Anyone having this problem. otherwise, my Treo is very stable.
  5. #5  
    Yes! I had exactly this problem and had to stop using DA. If there is a solution to this, I'd love to hear about it.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 (1.12). eveeytime I try to run 3.2 it resets my phone. Anyone having this problem. otherwise, my Treo is very stable.
    Uninstall DA>Reset Treo>Reinstall DA.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Yes! I had exactly this problem and had to stop using DA. If there is a solution to this, I'd love to hear about it.
    did you delete the old app, and all associated files, before installing the newest version?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  8. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    did you delete the old app, and all associated files, before installing the newest version?
    Exactly. Here's what it says on his web site.

    VERY IMPORTANT - MUST READ FOR VERSION 3.10 & Later!

    It WILL be necessary to completely delete any version older than 3.10 (with the App Launcher!) of DA before loading version 3.10 or later! A crash WILL most likely result if you don't!
  9. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Exactly. Here's what it says on his web site.
    VERY IMPORTANT - MUST READ FOR VERSION 3.10 & Later!
    It WILL be necessary to completely delete any version older than 3.10 (with the App Launcher!) of DA before loading version 3.10 or later! A crash WILL most likely result if you don't!
    I was upgrading from version 3.10
  10. raiderfan's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #10  
    resets my sprint treo 650 too.....clean install.....both versions that were in the file...
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
  11. #11  
    3.2 working well on my Sprint Treo 600
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    did you delete the old app, and all associated files, before installing the newest version?
    Well, it actually broke after I upgraded to ROW-1.13 on my device, which was odd. But I hadn't yet tried removing and reinstalling. Did that with 3.2 and it seems to be happy again.
  13. raiderfan's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #13  
    i uninstalled all associated files with uninstall manager and have reinstalled it three times....it resets as soon as you try to launch it.....sprint treo 650 .....1.12 firmware....facer launcher 2.7
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    i uninstalled all associated files with uninstall manager and have reinstalled it three times....it resets as soon as you try to launch it.....sprint treo 650 .....1.12 firmware....facer launcher 2.7
    i don't know, other than rick says to use the palm app delte, not a 3rd party one.

    never a problem with my sprint on 1.12
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  15. raiderfan's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #15  
    did a hard reset.....installed DA 3.2 by itself....no other apps.....still getting a reset....3.1 works great.......i guess i'll just keep 3.1
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
  16. #16  
    Will this work outside US eg. on Australia Yellow Pages which also has maps & where is?; www.yellowpages.com.au

    Would obviously be outstanding if could work with similar sits globally. Happy to test for you (long shot perhaps?).
  17.    #17  
    No, the page you mention is a different format, and to boot not mobile oriented (ie small results).

    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Will this work outside US eg. on Australia Yellow Pages which also has maps & where is?; www.yellowpages.com.au

    Would obviously be outstanding if could work with similar sits globally. Happy to test for you (long shot perhaps?).
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    as always, great work rick!

    one little thing that would be a "click saver", would to have the fields that only accept numbers, to default to letting only numbers go in them. that way one doesn't have to click the "option" key to change to numbers.

    thanks again.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  19.    #19  
    Which field(s) are you talking about? If you are talking about the phone # for reverse, that's a no go, as I tried to do this and people screamed about not being able to past numbers that had formatting characters in them.

    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Which field(s) are you talking about? If you are talking about the phone # for reverse, that's a no go, as I tried to do this and people screamed about not being able to past numbers that had formatting characters in them.
    yes, the fields for phone # and house # on reverse lookup.
    how can a phone number have formatting?

    could it possibly be made to accomodate both by making numbers the default and then the people that have "formatting characters" (whatever that is) can hit the option key.

    surely the vast majority of people are putting plain old numbers in the numbers field... or am i missing something?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions