Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    one would think that numbers-only would be more search-friendly than including formatting as well.
    OK, deleted old version completely, downloaded new version, works well, except for: Delete Record. Everytime I try to do this it Resets my Treo 650 (Sprint). Any ideas?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #23  
    House numbers can have letters in them.

All this would have to be made an option. Like I said, I HAD it like this originally and caught a lot of grief for it. Can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    yes, the fields for phone # and house # on reverse lookup.
    how can a phone number have formatting?

could it possibly be made to accomodate both by making numbers the default and then the people that have "formatting characters" (whatever that is) can hit the option key.

surely the vast majority of people are putting plain old numbers in the numbers field... or am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    House numbers can have letters in them.

All this would have to be made an option. Like I said, I HAD it like this originally and caught a lot of grief for it. Can't please everyone.
    yeah, house numbers could have that.

i'm still at a loss over the letters in a phone number thing, but you're the boss.
    in my 30+ years of dialing phone numbers, i've never even seen a phone number with a letter (other than vanity numbers). i know that they had letters and words in phone numbers about 50 years ago.

i enjoy using directory assistant, no matter how you do it.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Rick, by adding proxy support, you have made a VERY happy Treo user. DA is now one of the top-3 most useful apps I have. I have gladly sent you a paypal donation.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    This is nice! You "Da Man" Rick!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Mapquest is displaying the wrong size on a Treo 650....appears to be formated for lowres 600
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  8. GXX
    Anyone else notice wireless.mapquest.com isn't working anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by GXX
    Anyone else notice wireless.mapquest.com isn't working anymore?
    Yes, same problem here. The mapquest function no longer works for my Sprint 650 version 1.12. Current version 3.2, and last version 3.10 do not work when clicking on the Mapquest box. At one time it used to work for me, but it stopped working recently...don't know why.

-CC.
  10. GXX
    That's a bummer, it was real useful.
    for mapquest. go into DA preferences and check the "use new map URL for USA". this will then use the address www.mapquest.com/pda which should work for the mapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by moviegoer72
    for mapquest. go into DA preferences and check the "use new map URL for USA". this will then use the address www.mapquest.com/pda which should work for the mapping.
    Hot D@mn! You are right! Setting this preference now makes the Mapquest function work in Directory Assistance. Thanks for the tip!

-CC.
    glad to hear that worked for you. given all the useful information i've gotten through these forums, i'm glad to be able to offer a useful piece of information myself!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12