1.    #1  
    The screen protectors on the TC website (unbranded) sound identical to the Boxwave's. Anyone know if the TC screen protectors ARE the Boxwaves? I'm looking to support TC if possible.
  2.    #2  
    Hijacking my own thread, can anybody give input on the differences between the Boxwave Crystal v. Boxwave Anti-glare protectors?
  3. Lew
    Don't have both, but do have the anti-glare. I cannot tell any difference between it and the PPC Techs WriteSHIELD protectors I used to use on my iPaq. I love the anti-glare version and cannot imagine wanting something shiny on there.
    Like the idea that the Crystals will offer unchanged color, though -- LOVE the color on the 650 compared to the 600 I recently upgraded from. How much do you feel the Anti-glares dull or change the color?

BH
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Hijacking my own thread, can anybody give input on the differences between the Boxwave Crystal v. Boxwave Anti-glare protectors?
    Ree Nigne,

ClearTouch Crystal and ClearTouch Anti-Glare is definitely not the same screen protectors as TreoCentral's. ClearTouches are one of a kind which have been backed up by long time users and always comes out on top in multiple reviews when compared to other leading competitors.

As for the differences between the Anti-Glare and Crystal, they both offer their own unique set of features and benefits:

The Anti-Glare, just as the name reveals, is best known for it's anti-glare properties which reduces 99% of UV rays caused by Reflected Light. It is also popular for it's fingerprint free surface and it's "matte-finish" that offers a smooth "pen on paper" feel when using your stylus on your screen that many users have come to love!

The Crystal is known for it's amazing glass-like clarity and 99% visual transparency. It's so clear that it can't be noticed on your screen when your device is on! In addition, ClearTouch Crystal even helps to protect your eyes by reducing 99% of UV Rays caused by reflected light!

Both the Anti-Glare and Crystal are rewashable and reusable, allowing you to use the ClearTouch for a longer period of time than most regular screen protectors.

I hope this helped!

Cheers,
    Cho
    Last edited by BoxWave; 07/12/2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
    I've used both, and the Crystal is the best screen protector I've ever used. I can't even tell I have one on - brilliantly displays the beautiful 650 screen - I wouldn't "dull" it with any other protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    I've used both, and the Crystal is the best screen protector I've ever used. I can't even tell I have one on - brilliantly displays the beautiful 650 screen - I wouldn't "dull" it with any other protector.

Sounds great! That's what I'll get, then. Thanks!

BH
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    I hope this helped!
    Indeed, helps much. I believe I'll try the Crystals. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Indeed, helps much. I believe I'll try the Crystals. Thanks.
    Great news!

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Cho
    In addition, ClearTouch Crystal even helps to protect your eyes by reducing 99% of UV Rays caused by reflected light!

Gimme a BREAK. It may be a good protector alright but, please, hyping like this only insults people's intelligence.
    Hmmm... I have a single Boxwave Crystal on my 600 for about a year and still see no wear. Let 'em hype it. It's the best screen protector I've ever come across.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by continuum
    In addition, ClearTouch Crystal even helps to protect your eyes by reducing 99% of UV Rays caused by reflected light!

Gimme a BREAK. It may be a good protector alright but, please, hyping like this only insults people's intelligence.
    Hi continuum,

May I kindly correct your statement?

There is in fact a UV coating that is designed into materials, such as glasses to reduce UV rays. There is a chemical process added into BoxWave's ClearTouch that allows it to reduce UV rays.

Cheers,
    Cho
  13.    #13  
    Got my Crystals - wow. It's like someone rode a tiny zamboni over my screen smoothing out the ice. Sweet.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Got my Crystals - wow. It's like someone rode a tiny zamboni over my screen smoothing out the ice. Sweet.
    Haha! Now, there's a great expression for your Crystal

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Cho