1.    #1  
    I have a nokia 9290 that i am replacing with the treo 650... the reason i am making the change is because i have had the 9290 for about 3 years and its gotten a little buggy... it wont sync my outlook calendar anymore and it powers off every once in a while where it cant be powered back on for an unknown reason... then it starts working again without showing a crash or anything...

what my problem is, is that i have a large number of contacts (over 200) in my 9290 that i want in my treo, and arent in outlook... i tried beaming a vcf from the 9290 to the treo, but it seems to just dissapear... does anyone have any ideas on how to get the contacts over? or how to do something with the vcf when i beam it to the treo?
    Since you since with MS Outlook, you should be able to sync back to your new phone your old contacts.
  3.    #3  
    thats the problem... the 9290 "Wont" sync with outlook... and i have 200 more contacts on the 9290 then in outlook and i need the ones on the 9290 to get to the treo......
    Who is your carrier? I can walk my old and new phone into VZW and they do it for me.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  5.    #5  
    my old phone was t-mobile and my new one is cingular... i asked that, and since cingular dosnt support the 9290, they wont do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by camatulli
    I have a nokia 9290 that i am replacing with the treo 650... the reason i am making the change is because i have had the 9290 for about 3 years and its gotten a little buggy... it wont sync my outlook calendar anymore and it powers off every once in a while where it cant be powered back on for an unknown reason... then it starts working again without showing a crash or anything...

what my problem is, is that i have a large number of contacts (over 200) in my 9290 that i want in my treo, and arent in outlook... i tried beaming a vcf from the 9290 to the treo, but it seems to just dissapear... does anyone have any ideas on how to get the contacts over? or how to do something with the vcf when i beam it to the treo?

Try BeamPro:

http://www.ecamm.com/palm/beampro/

Lets you beam address entries from cellphones to palm os device. Sounds like it might be a solution for you...

Cheers

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    tried it... still the same results... i still dont understand why when i beam right from the 9290 to the treo 650 that it receives contact.vcf, but the file is gone when i look for it...

anyone else have an idea... going nuts here...